Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Designare X99
CPU
i7-6950X
Graphics
Radeon RX 5700XT
I've been running Mountain Lion just fine for a month on my new build. Today I came back to my computer after a long time away and found the screensaver flurry frozen. I rebooted. Now, immediately after the chimera boot screen, the apple logo flashes for an instant, then the system reboots. And same thing keeps happening.

I can boot into my desktop perfectly fine if I use Unibeast to get to the chimera boot screen, and choose my usual Mountain Lion installation. But I cannot get it to boot from the main disk anymore.

Bios seems unchanged (though I did reset it, and set it back up correctly). I reinstalled multibeast. I also tried copying the EXTRA folder from the Unibeast thumbdrive to my main drive. Nothing is working. I've been running 10.8.1 since it came out. Nothing new was done to the machine. I don't see anything in the logs to explain it.

Specs:
Intel i7-3770k
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
32gb Gskill Memory
Intel 330 180gb SSD

Appreciate any help. Thanks!

I reinstalled. Works fine again. But frustrating not to know why.

Hey bro, Im having the same problem.

I can boot using unibeast with the flag PCIRootUID=0 and everything works very well. My hackintosh is working number one and its all setuped as I want.

Except one thing: I cant boot up from the hard drive (I installed Chimera).

I boot up and its freezing after 5 seconds with some command lines over the white apple screen. Its then asking me to hold the power button to reboot Mac OS X.

Any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back