Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: MultiBeast - No Audio/Solutions and Problem Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have carried out everything here step by step but still cannot seem to get my audio to work.

IOReg says your audio is working.
In detail:
What speakers are connected to what ports?
What is the audio source ?
What is the audio player?
What is selected in System Preferences/Sound/Outputs?

That is why i am so confused!

What speakers are connected to what ports?
I have my speakers connected to the green port in the back.

What is the audio source ?

It is a video file

What is the audio player?

Youtube

What is selected in System Preferences/Sound/Outputs?

Internal speakers

I got the hdmi audio working. When connected to my monitor it works, but if i change the output source to Internal speakers and connect my speaker cable to the green port, it does not work. I do not hear a thing!

I got the hdmi audio working. When connected to my monitor it works, but if i change the output source to Internal speakers and connect my speaker cable to the green port, it does not work. I do not hear a thing!
What happens when iTunes is playing a song?

I used the[Easy Guide] ML: HDMI Audio/HD4000/7 Series MB to get my HDMI audio to work. There is no sound when i connect the speakers to the green port of the MB, even from iTunes.

If I change the dsdt layout to 1 instead of 3 then the HDMI option disappears and the same happens when connected to the green port. Could it be the casing input in the front which is causing issues? I am using a Cooler Master Elite 120 case. I could disconnect the casing audio and test to see if that helps.

Thank you very much for your support!

Sorry for taking so long please find attached as requested.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-20 at 1.39.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-20 at 1.39.20 PM.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 168
  • Screen Shot 2013-02-20 at 1.44.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-20 at 1.44.22 PM.png
    182.9 KB · Views: 154
  • Screen Shot 2013-02-20 at 1.44.53 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-02-20 at 1.44.53 PM.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 141
Hi Toleda, I have some sort of a problem with the audio but i dont know if it's HDA or DSDT. When starting the system up without the headphones pugged in the front panel everything works, front pannel detection works. But when i start the system with headphones plugged in the front pannel, there is no detection that i have unplugged the headphones, it does not switch to speakers it just stays in headphones mode, mute works, volume up and down even balance works but no switch to speakers.

I have edited the AppleHDA to enable HDMI audio to work on my 560GTX the bug was there before so i dont think that is the problem, could it be pin configuration?

Bellow I have added IOReg, DSDT and my current edited AppleHDA.
Forgot to mention, the codec is 829.

Thanks for the help and sorry for bothering you with small problems.

George

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
If I change the dsdt layout to 1 instead of 3 then the HDMI option disappears and the same happens when connected to the green port. Could it be the casing input in the front which is causing issues? I am using a Cooler Master Elite 120 case. I could disconnect the casing audio and test to see if that helps.
Plug in the headphones in the front panel connector, select headphones in Preferences and play a song in iTunes. While the song is playing make a new copy of IOReg and attach with reply.

Hi Toleda, I have some sort of a problem with the audio but i dont know if it's HDA or DSDT. When starting the system up without the headphones pugged in the front panel everything works, front pannel detection works. But when i start the system with headphones plugged in the front pannel, there is no detection that i have unplugged the headphones, it does not switch to speakers it just stays in headphones mode, mute works, volume up and down even balance works but no switch to speakers.
Update AppleHDA to current version, MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC892. Apply GTX 560ti patch.

Plug in the headphones in the front panel connector, select headphones in Preferences and play a song in iTunes. While the song is playing make a new copy of IOReg and attach with reply.

I do not get any options for headphones when doing so. I will do a fresh install now and after installing chimera 2.0 and the appropriate drivers will post another copy of the ioreg.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back