Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion & Mavericks on same SSD - Chimera issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H77M-D3H
CPU
i3-3225
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've got Mountain Lion & Mavericks on the same SSD and both boot OK. But I think I might have goofed somewhere because I have two org.chameleo.Boot.plist files, one on the Mountain Lion partition, and another on the Mavericks partition.

I installed Chimera 2.2.1 from MultiBeast right after the Mavericks installation, but when the computer boots I'm getting Chimera 2.1.2. Where does Chimera actually live? In the EFI partition?

I've got Mountain Lion & Mavericks on the same SSD and both boot OK. But I think I might have goofed somewhere because I have two org.chameleo.Boot.plist files, one on the Mountain Lion partition, and another on the Mavericks partition.

I installed Chimera 2.2.1 from MultiBeast right after the Mavericks installation, but when the computer boots I'm getting Chimera 2.1.2. Where does Chimera actually live? In the EFI partition?
Actually, the boot files are in 3 places - the MBR of the HDD, the MBR of the partition and the root of your Mavericks/Mountain Lion installs.
Since you installed 2.2.1 when you installed Mavericks, then you probably have the first boot file in the HDD updated.
You can either install Chimera 2.2.1 to the ML partition, or you can just continue as you are. Doesn't really matter.

I'm probably going to wipe all this and start over. But in the meantime, I'm getting Chimera 2.1.2 and it automatically boots Mountain Lion unless I press a key to display other options.

If the default partition is set in org.chameleo.Boot.plist then I don't understand how there can be two copies of this file, since Chimera would need to read one of them automatically to determine the default before doing anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back