1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
If I select shutdown or restart directly after I have access, all is fine. If I run an application and then shut down/restart, I get a kernel panic. Any ideas on what the problem could be or how to track down the problem? The panic happens pretty far into the shutdown process.

Same problem i am facing...it is giving me 3 beeps on every 5 sec interval. Hwta is the solution? Is my logic board gone? Only replacement is the solution that will cost me around 47k. I think it happens due to upgrade from lion to mountain lion. Please suggest and help me asap.

Mail: [email protected]

If I select shutdown or restart directly after I have access, all is fine. If I run an application and then shut down/restart, I get a kernel panic. Any ideas on what the problem could be or how to track down the problem? The panic happens pretty far into the shutdown process.

Try a fresh install to see if it is software config or hardware issue...

Same problem i am facing...it is giving me 3 beeps on every 5 sec interval. Hwta is the solution? Is my logic board gone? Only replacement is the solution that will cost me around 47k. I think it happens due to upgrade from lion to mountain lion. Please suggest and help me asap.

Mail: [email protected]

You are getting these 3 beeps every 5 sec after selecting shutdown or restart?

Usually you'd get something like that on POST (power on self test). AFAIK this is a hardware failure code, but I'm unaware of any system that does a power off self test, clearly software can affect this too, so we've narrowed it down to hardware or software! I have a degree for that sort of advise, ha!

For me, I get no beeps, but the screen goes grey as it should, then a kernel panic screen just when it should go black. I still haven't found a solution yet myself. I'm reluctant to do a reinstall as this is the only glitch I've run into. If you gotta have a kernel panic, the best place is at shutdown...

Does this happen when you boot from your unibeast flash drive? If that behaves ok, it has to be your install/configure of ML.

I'm posting this to answer my own problem. The fact that the only suggestion was to reinstall ML shows that few others are having this problem. This understanding causes me to think it is an isolated problem and maybe I do need to reinstall.

Lacking the appropriate time and patients right now, I've put off the reinstall. Part of my normal routine maintenance on Macs, is to repair disk permissions periodically . After doing this, my kernel panics have stopped. So, it seems a simple repair of permissions solved the problem. It might have been a good idea to do a repair right after the initial install. Anyway, I'm posting this as a reminder, repair disk permissions before trying more drastic solutions. You never know...

I'm posting this to answer my own problem. The fact that the only suggestion was to reinstall ML shows that few others are having this problem. This understanding causes me to think it is an isolated problem and maybe I do need to reinstall.

Lacking the appropriate time and patients right now, I've put off the reinstall. Part of my normal routine maintenance on Macs, is to repair disk permissions periodically . After doing this, my kernel panics have stopped. So, it seems a simple repair of permissions solved the problem. It might have been a good idea to do a repair right after the initial install. Anyway, I'm posting this as a reminder, repair disk permissions before trying more drastic solutions. You never know...

thanks i also do the repair cache and permissions, and also house keeping such as ccleaner.

i've also come across the random kp at shutdown. usually when i've been pluggin in and out a whole bunch of devices. especially iphone.

if kp happens more often try the post rehabman did about resetting or discharging something. remove battery hold down power button for x seconds.. forgot where the post is. maybe in the Faq?

if kp happens more often try the post rehabman did about resetting or discharging something. remove battery hold down power button for x seconds.. forgot where the post is. maybe in the Faq?

I haven't seen the FAQ, but I'm guessing you are talking about resetting the PMU (power management unit). This usually fixes random shutdowns, sleep, and battery/charging issues. But I'm not aware of the total reach the power manager extends to. These are the go-to solutions every Mac user should do when things start acting bizarre.

I'm new to the hackintosh world, and I'm too willing to think it's a compatibility issue with Mac OS and non Mac hardware. When I should do the Mac maintenance first before looking for other solutions or just accepting things as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back