i7-3770
Graphics
HD 5570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I can get all the way through the Mountain Lion installation to Step 4: Post-Installation Using Multibeast.

If I try to download MultiBeast to downloads on the desktop. It does not download. It shows a safari icon, but there is nothing there.

I have latest MultiBeast on bootloader drive, I can access that and unpack it on the desktop, select User DSDT or DSDT-Free Installation and driver pack. I don't get as far before the screen freezes.

On reboot I am still having problems with errors.

Will I have to start from scratch by re-downloading ML and Unibeast?

Attachments

• PICT0192_4.jpg
    PICT0192_4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 115
  • PICT0193_4.jpg
    PICT0193_4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 103
  • PICT0194_3.jpg
    PICT0194_3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
I can get all the way through the Mountain Lion installation to Step 4: Post-Installation Using Multibeast.

If I try to download MultiBeast to downloads on the desktop. It does not download. It shows a safari icon, but there is nothing there.

I have latest MultiBeast on bootloader drive, I can access that and unpack it on the desktop, select User DSDT or DSDT-Free Installation and driver pack. I don't get as far before the screen freezes.

On reboot I am still having problems with errors.

Will I have to start from scratch by re-downloading ML and Unibeast?

I dont really understand your problem. This is what i understand:

You used MultiBeast and selected some files and after that you cant boot? Can you boot in -x?

I think you installed the wrong kexts and this is the reason you cant successfully boot. What did you select?

Thanks Uwe303 for the reply.

I ticked off Drivers - but wasn't given any further options?

Booting with -x was unsuccessful.

In the end, after about 15 attempts, I was able to select Realtek ALC 887 & Lnx 2 Mac's ethernet options - unable to get these before that? For a couple of hours Hack run fine, have now lost ethernet, plugging printer into USB 2 port freezes system (USB 2 not showing up on system preferences)

I have found the following thread http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=67736 and wondering if some of my problems could be down to having F1 as my BIOS - trying to work up the courage in contemplating a BIOS flash.

Edit: Performed two shut downs and then restarted. On the second attempt ethernet working again. I am going to let machine go to sleep and will then retry ethernet - it was fine earlier, but something is still not right - process of elimination now - app store works fine, don't know if that is relevant though.

Will post an update later.

Adrian, my hackintosh has almost the same hardware as yours. I am having trouble getting Sound working. Is your pc running OK?
Can you indicate what you did e.g. in MultiBeast or otherwise to get it that way?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back