Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion install messed up after Multibeast install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H61M-S2P, Single Boot Yosemite, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD
CPU
Intel Core i3
Graphics
Asus NVIDIA GeForce EN210 1 GB DDR3
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I have installed Mountain Lion (10.8.5) on my Laptop (Dell Inspiron 15R 5110) using Unibeast. The installation was pretty much easy and without any problem at all. The problem arises after the install. I installed Multibeast after the OS install. I have tried both Easybeast as well as UserDSDT methods but the result is always the same. I have tried most of the boot flags to make it work but the problem always is the same. There occurs a boot error if booted from hard drive and if I select the hard drive from the unibeast menu, there is a kernel panic. In addition to this the Ethernet always shows connected, and internet does not work if I plug the LAN cable. I have used the options availabe in Multibeast for Ethernet one by one but to no avail. If you can provide me help with audio too would be great. I have installed the os about 8 times always getting messed up after multibeast. Please help.

System Specs: Dell Inspiron 15R 5110,
Intel core i3, 3GB RAM, Ethernet: RL8101

Thread moved to Laptop support Forum.

Hi, I have installed Mountain Lion (10.8.5) on my Laptop (Dell Inspiron 15R 5110) using Unibeast. The installation was pretty much easy and without any problem at all. The problem arises after the install. I installed Multibeast after the OS install. I have tried both Easybeast as well as UserDSDT methods but the result is always the same. I have tried most of the boot flags to make it work but the problem always is the same. There occurs a boot error if booted from hard drive and if I select the hard drive from the unibeast menu, there is a kernel panic. In addition to this the Ethernet always shows connected, and internet does not work if I plug the LAN cable. I have used the options availabe in Multibeast for Ethernet one by one but to no avail. If you can provide me help with audio too would be great. I have installed the os about 8 times always getting messed up after multibeast. Please help.

Intel core i3, 3GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 3000, Ethernet: RL8101

You must provide details on your 'boot error'. And if you have a KP, provide a quality photo of the entire screen. We are not telepathic here.

---

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Hi, I have edited my system specs in my profile. I have again installed the OS, so I am not getting the kernel panic because I have not run multibeast yet.

Hi, I have edited my system specs in my profile. I have again installed the OS, so I am not getting the kernel panic because I have not run multibeast yet.

It looks like you didn't have Windows installed properly (no graphics driver info available since none were installed?)

What graphics chip does your laptop have? Please add it to your profile.

- - - Updated - - -

Intel core i3, 3GB RAM, Ethernet: RL8101

Start with minimal use of Multibeast: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

It looks like you didn't have Windows installed properly (no graphics driver info available since none were installed?)

What graphics chip does your laptop have? Please add it to your profile.

- - - Updated - - -

Start with minimal use of Multibeast: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

I am not sure if I should use multibeast or any other post install utility. Please suggest the best option.
For now I am okay with booting with usb drive. The top priority for me is to get the internet working. Can you help me with getting the ethernet or wifi running?

I am not sure if I should use multibeast or any other post install utility. Please suggest the best option.

See post #5.

For now I am okay with booting with usb drive. The top priority for me is to get the internet working. Can you help me with getting the ethernet or wifi running?

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Ethernet: What Ethernet chipset do you have? Use DPCIManager->PCIList to find out.

See post #5.

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Ethernet: What Ethernet chipset do you have? Use DPCIManager->PCIList to find out.

The Wireless is - Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 [Rainbow Peak]. I didn't see it listed in the above link, does that mean it can't be done?

The Ethernet is Realtek RTL8101E/RTL8102 PCI Express Fast Ethernet Controller.

Now first thing I am going to do is run multibeast. I have Sandy Bridge CPU, I'll select UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation.
1. Do I have to
install the KernelPatcher module from Chameleon to /Extra/modules?
2. Do I need to generate a DSDT.aml file ?

The Wireless is - Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 [Rainbow Peak]. I didn't see it listed in the above link, does that mean it can't be done?

Intel WiFi is not supported and must be replaced.

The Ethernet is Realtek RTL8101E/RTL8102 PCI Express Fast Ethernet Controller.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296190-driver-for-realteks-rtl810x-fast-ethernet-series/

Now first thing I am going to do is run multibeast. I have Sandy Bridge CPU, I'll select UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation.
1. Do I have to
install the KernelPatcher module from Chameleon to /Extra/modules?
2. Do I need to generate a DSDT.aml file ?

1. You only need KernelPatcher module if you suffer from Local APIC panic without cpus=1.

2. You will eventually need to patch DSDT for full functionality. Specifically which patches depend on specifically what's not working, and whether those issues can fixed with DSDT patching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back