1. 0
Here is my build
GIGABYTE GA-Z77MX-D3H
- Bios F12
EVGA GTX 660
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600
iNTEL Core i7-3770K
SAMSUNG 830 Series 256GB

I am trying everything to be able to install Mountain Lion. I have tried multiple install instructions to get this to work. I have tried the unibeast method the the http://www.ihackintosh.com/2012/07/how-to-install-os-x-mountain-lion-10-8-gm-on-pc-hackintosh/ instructions, both of which do the same thing. While installing in verbose mode, they will freeze up after the IOBluetooth completes. I cannot ever get to the installer, even with many different variations of the boot arguments. I have tried multiple USB sticks, and booting with IBoot and without IBoot but no luck..

I have used the following..
PCIRootUID=0
PCIRootUID=1
GraphicsEnabler=No
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
-x
-v
USBBusFix=Yes
USBBusFix=No and a few other arguments, also in combination with one another. Nothing gets me any further in the installation.

I do not know the specific settings in the Bios to try, though a few posts on these forums have given some ideas. I have yet to get any of them to work. Does anyone have any ideas or specific bios settings for this setup? I have removed 3 sticks of Ram and the GTX 660 and used the onboard video card, with no change in results. I have disabled the onboard devices to include the Lan card, sound card, XHCI and the SATA controller all in different combinations to see if it helps, which it does not.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. As a general rule do Intel onboard video cards work better for installing instead of the PCIE GTX 660? I did not try to use any specific SMBIos through Chameleon, any Chameleon specific recommendations?

Thank you.

I too am having the same problem, but I can get ML to installed on my HD. But when it reboots, I just get the white apple screen with the rotating icon under the apple. I have tried -v and-s but on -v I see that everything stop at the bluetooth module and -s I get the apple screen with the rotating icon, and they it stops rotating after about 30 sec. Is there a way to get past this? I am using the on board video card.

Thanks,
Justin

I have the similar issue and it stuck on the boot screen.

have u guys try to install 10.8.2 directly?

I got ML to install with the -x-v PCIRootUID=0
I did a few things at once to include removing 12 of my 16gb of ram and my graphics card. It booted and installed fine, the only issue is my PS2 keyboard. Oops. Anyways, I got around that and after it installed I ran multibeast and now have a working machine. The only issue I am having now is it not crashing on boot with an EVGA GTX 660, even with GraphicsEnabler=0.

I will work on that, I just wanted to give a heads up. I did disable all XHCI in the bios prior to install. I do not know if it made a difference though. I am hoping after installing the NVIDIA drivers the issues will be resolved and all should be well.

I looked after install and it looks like it installed 10.8.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back