Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Install GA PH67A-UD3-B3 F9 Kernel Panic ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte PH67A-UD3-B3 F9
CPU
i7-2600 4 x 3.4GHz
Graphics
GeForce 8400 GS
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Have spent a few days searching the forums, but there seems to be many different reasons for this kernel panic error, none of which have worked.

Getting kernel panic

ACPI_SMC_PlatfromPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

Trying to install Mountain Lion on the following machine

Gigabyte PH67A-UD3-B3 F9
i7-2600 4 x 3.4GHz
GeForce 8400 GS
8GB DDR3 1333
Sandisk 480GB SSD

I've run Multibeast using the DSDT for
PH67A-UD3-B3 F9

I can get it to boot in safe mode -x but whenever get a kernel panic when trying to boot normally

Screenshot of Kernel Panic on link here
https://twitter.com/ben_blt/status/259334551938154496/photo/1/large

and probably a clearer version attached.

Not really sure what I'm doing/ doing wrong so any help gratefully received. Hope I provided all of the right information, if not let me know.

From searching the forums it seems that all the individual hardware components have worked on other people's hackintosh builds so hopefully the machine can be made to work. I've tried a wide variety of solutions over the last few days but none have worked. Not sure what I can and can't do in safe mode, but pretty sure it's not ideal.

Cheers,

B.

Attachments

• Screenshot ACPI_SMC_PlatfromPlugin--start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerMa.jpg
    Screenshot ACPI_SMC_PlatfromPlugin--start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerMa.jpg
    748.1 KB · Views: 477
Hi Ben_Blt

I can confirm that this board does work and work well. I have been using it on Lion and now mountain lion with no problems on bios rev F9. the board is reliable and sleep works very well, only one problem i had was a tv card plugged into a pci slot was stopping wake from sleep, once removed all was ok. When installing on mountain lion i had some problems with MultiBeast 5. What i did was install with unibeast from a usb stick then run MultiBeast 4.6.1, this works well on this board. I initially just selected user dsdt install using the dsdt from the download section and system utilities / repair permissions and thats it. It would then boot from the HD I had some problems with bios reset my fix was to use the rtckext from lion, but there are better fixes available now. I then set up the audio, ethernet from MultiBeast 4.6.1. I did this on the day Mountain lion was released and i know some of my initial problems with reset and apple keyboard dvd eject not working have better fixes now but all my stuff works well. I haven't done anything with usb 3 but i don't have any devices yet. All i can say is i'm happy with my system.

Lion was an easier install for me, mountain lion was a small pain in the a** but i did the install on day one, it took me about 5 hours to sort out all my problems with the intention of doing a fresh install later, but the system is so rock solid i haven't bother yet. You will get it sorted just know all will be well in the end. Ohh i had to also select the ssdt option as well in MultiBeast as geekbench was showing low scores. Sorry to rabit on but i hope it helps!!! Please let me know if you need any further help.

Regards
BMW

Hello bmwandy123,
could you post a sreenshot of options you cheked in multibeast for ML ?

Thx ;)

Hi Lightdav

after initial install i boot again with unibeast then run multiBeast 4.6.1, do a userdsdt install, dsdt on the desktop from download section My bios is f9 so using the correct version for that bios, and repair permissions. I don't do anything with sound or network yet, just get system running off internal hd first. Then i do the audio, network and ssdt, again with MultiBeast 4.6.1 I had some problems with bios reset so i have installed the attached Applertc kext from lion, however there are better was of doing this now, i was doing this only hours after release of mountain lion. Backup and remove the old one first. Also my apple keyboard would not eject a dvd so i installed IOAHCIBlockStorage kext, also attached. Had problem with app store and cloud, found a guide on the site regarding removing all network connections and removing a log file. Anyway all is working great. I planned to do a fresh install once everything settled down and all the fixes were in place. I'm running 10.8.2 no kp's sleep works bluetooth works, face time, airdrop so haven't bother'd to re-install yet. Ohh my solid state hd had no trim so i used trim enabler. I have done a few things i would not normally do just to get up and running, but it's rock solid. I plan to do a from scratch install on my backup drive soon but no hurry as all is well on the Hack front at the moment. I hope the info helps.

BMW

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-20 at 16.11.38.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-20 at 16.11.38.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 386
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-20 at 16.11.54.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-20 at 16.11.54.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 218
  • AppleRTC.kext.zip
    49.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 38
Thanks BMW. Really useful to at least know that some of the hardware works.

I tried your suggestion of using MultiBeast 4.6.1 on the Mountain Lion Installation with the basics of DSDT and system utilities/repair permissions, but I still couldn't get it to load from the hard drive and only in safe mode from the USB.

I then tried installing Lion from the USB. This loaded from the USB and I tried a basic DSDT & Utilities install using Multibeast 4.6.1 but again it would only load from USB not hard drive.

Hi Ben_Blt

This is very strange, as i have said this board works well so you should get it up and running without too much problems. Only problem is no over-clocking potential and i have a K processor, Anyway a few further suggestions. I'm using bios F9, but have used from F4 onwards with success, but i have only used F9 with mountain Lion. I don't thing it should be an issue, but i like to keep the bios upto date, just need to have the correct DSDT for the bios you are using. My bios is configured as follows.

Did a reset and loaded optimal settings.

In power management set PME Event, Power on by ring & Resume by alarm to Disabled. Set HPET to enabled and HPET mode to 64 bit.

In integrated peripherals i set Hard disk to AHCI.

Thats it for the bios. There was some problems with UniBeast i recall. I remember having some problems booting, there is a thread about it on hear, i think latest version is ok. However i needed to plug my memory stick into a usb on the back of pc, one of the ports on the IO back plate, for some reason i had problems with the ones on the front of case, these are all working fine now as the dsdt sorts them out. I don't have any issues with graphics as my card is oob supported, I think yours should be also, but you should check. Also during setup i pull all non essential equipment from the pc, no expansion cards, or HD's just the bare minimum components required. All i can say further is the board does work, i guess it's something really stupid that causing the problem. I hope you can get it sorted out. Please let me know how you get on, and if you need any further help let me know.

BMW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back