Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion "Install Failed" error every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lion
CPU
i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have tried installing Mountain Lion using two different flashdrives and neither of them have worked. I keep getting an error saying, "Install Failed," from the Mountain Lion installer. I've tried installing on different hard drives and removing all drives except for the one I'm installing to. So far I just get the same result. Help!?

Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,010.3 KB · Views: 369
You have not given much info.
Is your target for installation named Mountain Lion ?
Try it without video card.
One stick of ram in first slot.

I have tried installing Mountain Lion using two different flashdrives and neither of them have worked. I keep getting an error saying, "Install Failed," from the Mountain Lion installer. I've tried installing on different hard drives and removing all drives except for the one I'm installing to. So far I just get the same result. Help!?

Thanks for your time.

I just sold my last build because of this. Sometimes it could be done, but it mostly failed. The error was caused by the RAMs. However I checked them thousand times and everything seemed alright, in a store, the seller informed me, the bad rams can cause CRC errors during writing and the Windows can fall into BSODs by MEMORY.DMP. And everything became obvious....
I guess you are in the same shoes. You cannot test it in memory testers or elsewhere. If you faced with one of these problems: BSOD by memory.dmp, failed OSX installs randomly, disk utility found errors on your fresh formatted disks, crc errors on downloaded/unarchived files and unstable OS(WIN/OSX), you should change your RAMs.

Thanks for your time.

HiddenFlaw

we need more info what motherboard
what CPU
What version of Unibeast used
Was this an upgrate from SL to ML or a fresh install
what USB drive models manufactures

HiddenFlaw

we need more info what motherboard
what CPU
What version of Unibeast used
Was this an upgrate from SL to ML or a fresh install
what USB drive models manufactures

I had the same board and it was really easy to install ML by Unibeast, it shouldn't be a problem... As I said, there may be a hardware error.

I apologize for the awful response time, but my only option until now was my phone and I stopped checking it out of frustration after awhile.

I haven't tried installing it without my video card or with only one stick of ram, but I finally got back to a working version of Lion via time machine (which isn't allowing me to write anything to it now, btw).

Anyway, my mobo is a Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3, my CPU is a i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz and I used UniBeast 1.6.1, I believe...unless it's been updated within the past two weeks. That's when I started trying to get this to work.

I used an 8 GB Sandisk Cruzer Micro first and a PNY 64 GB stick after the first few failed attempts.

Hopefully some of this helps.

I apologize for the awful response time, but my only option until now was my phone and I stopped checking it out of frustration after awhile.

I haven't tried installing it without my video card or with only one stick of ram, but I finally got back to a working version of Lion via time machine (which isn't allowing me to write anything to it now, btw).

Anyway, my mobo is a Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3, my CPU is a i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz and I used UniBeast 1.6.1, I believe...unless it's been updated within the past two weeks. That's when I started trying to get this to work.

I used an 8 GB Sandisk Cruzer Micro first and a PNY 64 GB stick after the first few failed attempts.

Hopefully some of this helps.
Hi Hidden your hardware are seems to compatible with ML and good. Please once again crosscheck your bobo's setting in bios and I think you use legitimate copy of ML from appstore please re download it and prepare your copy of USB again. Corrupted memory stick may cause problem so use another memory in your first slot if u use one stick or use second and forth if u use two. A corrupted copy of ML installer also (a file missing etc) a problem. Check your HDD and its cable its also problematic even when we install windows at its finalizing stage, so check it also. Finally always use the USB port of ur mobo i.e port in the back side of ur system.

I've tried installing Mountain Lion on several occasions with the USB drive plugged into the motherboard, only one stick of ram installed, one hard drive plugged in and my video card removed. Still has the same error. I am hesitant to redownload the Mountain Lion install file because it took several hours last time and it the power went out the first time after a couple hours. Plus I'm now having troubles just booting into Lion without unibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back