Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like you missed the news, Haswell HDMI Audio
2. AMD HD 7xxx HDMI audio is working (10.8.5)

Edit the Aji framebuffer, same as HD 5xxx and HD 6xxx. See Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3a: Kext Edits - AMD

Thanks Toleda, I just saw "Haswell" and assumed it was for Haswell only. I'll go through the guide and report back.

Dil83

*EDIT* I was wrong about AppleHDAController.kext fully loading with the HDAU device, I still needed to add my HDMI device-id 0x1002AAA0 to the kext. I now have HDMI/DisplayPort audio as an option in System Preferences, but no sound output when selected. Also, I already had the Aji framebuffer edited properly for my specific card.

Hello Toleda, well ... I am here to enable HDMI audio

I used this guide for my hackintosh

My hackintosh has this configuration

I3-3220 CPU (Ivy Bridge)
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V Rev. 1.1
Graphics Card: nVidia GT 610

I want to use the HDMI audio on the graphics card.

I used the patch with Desktop-AMD/Nvidia-A1 from the MaciAISL. Did I do right?

Unfortunately now I can not test if the HDMI audio works because my HDMI cable is broken and I need to buy another

Thanks by your help

No IOReg, no help.

Sorry, here is an IOReg from my system without adding the device id to AppleHDAController.kext. I noticed there is already one instance of 0x1002AAA0 existing in the .kext, so I don't think I should need to replace another device id with it again, should I? NOTE: Without replacing an existing device id in AppleHDAController.kext, I don't have HDMI/DisplayPort output as an option in System Preferences.

Thanks,

Dil83

Attachments

• Dil83 HD 7950.ioreg
    4.4 MB · Views: 102
I don't think I should need to replace another device id with it again, should I?
No. For the second time, you have a fremebuffer problem. Decode the VBIOS and edit the framebuffer as described in the link provided perviously.

No. For the second time, you have a fremebuffer problem. Decode the VBIOS and edit the framebuffer as described in the link provided perviously.

I already decoded the VBIOS and edited the framebuffer long ago. The Aji framebuffer hasn't changed in any of the updates since, and the edits have been reapplied to the 10.8.5 ATI7000Controller.kext, and been tried in several different variations. Here is a link to the framebuffer edits for my card: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...on-hd-7xxx-series-10-8-3-a-12.html#post591499

Thanks again,

Dil83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back