Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you take a look at my IOReg and DSDT and indicates me where I did mistakes ? Thank you very much!
No codec: download, install and run DPCIManager 1.5 Open Beta. Reply with a DPCIManager/Status screenshot.
HDMI audio edits are wrong and will not work. Unwise to manually edit a dsdt

Here is my DPCImanager.

Aspire X3810 DPCImanager.jpg

If I load the VoodooHDA drivers, my onboard soundcard is recognized and work properly with ALC888 codec-ID. However, I don't get any HDMI sound (because of the improper Frambuffer injection I suppose).

** EDIT ***

I have edited my DSDT to inject PEGP correctly. As soon as I can, I test my new DSDT to at least confirm proper Framebuffer loading. I will reinstall stock ML 10.8.2 AppleHDA.kext and test from there.

I've tried following the guides already posted but I'm still not even sure if my somewhat outdated build is even supported, so I'd appreciate feedback on that before I go further with this.

Build info should be in my profile; IOReg is attached as a zip. I installed using MultiBeast 5.2.1 and the pre-built DSDT for my motherboard and revision (F12) from this site.

Thank you.

Attachments

• pride.ioreg.zip
    590.3 KB · Views: 68
I've tried following the guides already posted but I'm still not even sure if my somewhat outdated build is even supported, so I'd appreciate feedback on that before I go further with this.
See Post #1, Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - Award DSDT, 5 Series MB dsdt edits - Desktop
Set MaciASL/Preferences/iASL/ACPI 4.0
Edit Patch Award-BIOS-AMD-Nividia-5_Series:
Find: 0x00010000
Replace: 0x00030000
Proceed with the guide/pdf

See Post #1, Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - Award DSDT, 5 Series MB dsdt edits - Desktop
Set MaciASL/Preferences/iASL/ACPI 4.0
Edit Patch Award-BIOS-AMD-Nividia-5_Series:
Find: 0x00010000
Replace: 0x00030000
Proceed with the guide/pdf

Thanks so much for the quick response and the personalized help.

Did as you directed, but I'm still not having any luck. Attached are my latest IOReg, pre- and post-patch AML files, and the patch itself after making the changes you described above.

HDMI video works, and the display shows up as "Television: Yes" in the System Profiler, but there's no new audio device listed in the sound options.

no new audio device listed in the sound options.
Looks like you have 3 displays connected; what is connected to what? To verify what you have, boot with only the HDMI display connected. For HDMI audio on all GTX 660 connectors, an additional dsdt edit is required. See Post #830, Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - Page 83

DisplayPort to primary monitor (Dell 2408WFP), DVI to secondary monitor (Dell 20xx), HDMI to TV (actually a Denon receiver). The HDMI is just standard HDMI-to-HDMI, not HDMI-to-DVI or anything like that.

Any chance that Soundflower is interfering at all? - Nevermind. Uninstalled Soundflower and redid the guide steps, no joy.

Also I do get this compile warning, but not any errors: Line 3160, Code 1099, "Unknown reserved name (_WDG)".

I got it working. What I think ended up being the "solution" is almost too embarrassing to admit. :)

I think it was because, out of habit, I was enabling the 889a/885 DSDT patch during the MultiBeast install.

Thank you for your help and your work, toleda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back