Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your fast reply.

Do you mean BIOS on the motherboard? I have 0401 x64 version of MB BIOS.

This is the official asus support page for my motherboard:
http://support.asus.com/download.as...9&m=P8Z68-M+PRO&os=&hashedid=5w3wsRryeHaqiTRX
I choose OS: "Other" and "BIOS" branch - and there is no 1101 version of BIOS ..

Is it necessary to install BIOS 1101?

This is specification for my motherboard: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z68M_PRO/#specifications
There is no information about "hd3000" or "sandy bridge".. And my core i7 2600 has an integrated HD2000 (not HD3000 like core i7 2600K has)

Sorry, it's hard for me to understand all this :)

Hello,

I have a working DSDT for mountain lion 10.8.2, working audio with ALC892. I am trying to patch my DSDT for HDMI audio and have been present with the error of
7154 Error Name already exists in scope (_PRW)

I am using a GTX 550 Ti, oh the joys of this card in ML. Hopefully it's only a minor fix.

I have attached IOREG, current DSDT and my attempt (DSL format) in .zip file

Best wishes,
Craig

Attachments

• DSDT edits for tonymac.zip
    517.4 KB · Views: 67
I have a working DSDT for mountain lion 10.8.2, working audio with ALC892. I am trying to patch my DSDT for HDMI audio and have been present with the error of
7154 Error Name already exists in scope (_PRW)

I am using a GTX 550 Ti, oh the joys of this card in ML. Hopefully it's only a minor fix.
Manually editing your dsdt is risky. You used the normal PEPG edit with _PRW (the note applies here: /** Not needed if already present). Your dsdt handles that natively where the error is reported. There is another problem; GFX0 is present in the native dsdt meaning the same device name is used to describe different functionality.

Suggestion, start over with the HD3000_AMI_BIOS_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit from Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT. In your case, HD3000 means 6 series motherboard. Even though you don't have a HD3000 processor, all the HD3000 code is in your dsdt.

One more problem, the GTX 550 ti does not make HDMI audio with either the Lion or ML AppleHDA.kext. If you use the solution below, edit/dsdt/HDEF/layout-id/ to 0x7c, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 in the hdmi_audio_ami_bios_hd3000.txt patch file.

gtx_550_ti_hdmi_audio

IOReg shows audio-codec-index of 04 00 00 00, invalid

Fix:
Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA.

AppleHDA binary
find: 14 00 de 10
replace: 15 00 de 10 (4x)

more info, see AppleHDA Binary Edit, Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3b: Kext Edits - Nvidia

Suggestion, start over with the HD3000_AMI_BIOS_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit from Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT. In your case, HD3000 means 6 series motherboard. Even though you don't have a HD3000 processor, all the HD3000 code is in your dsdt.

When I previously extracted my DSDT for Lion and also the new ML installation, I believe I used brycv's patch 'Asus Generic Patch without Audio', When i'm starting over again, do I not use this generic patch and use 'ami_clean_compile' instead? (before using the hdmi_audio_ami_bios_hd3000)

Edit:I can apply the Asus Generic and ami_clean_compile patches without any errors when I compile the code, however the hdmi_audio_ami_bios_hd3000 patch generates errors once applied. These are:
6372 Error Name already exists in scope (HDEF)

6374 Error Name already exists in scope (_ADR)

8698 Error Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF.DCKS)

8700 Error Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.HDEF.DCKA)

9353 Error Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.SBUS.HSTS)

DSDT can be found -> View attachment DSDT attempted edits.dsl.zip

One more problem, the GTX 550 ti does not make HDMI audio with either the Lion or ML AppleHDA.kext. If you use the solution below, edit/dsdt/HDEF/layout-id/ to 0x7c, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 in the hdmi_audio_ami_bios_hd3000.txt patch file.

In the current hdmi_audio_ami_bios_hd3000 in section 7;
Code:
        "layout-id", \n                Buffer (0x04)\n
                {\n
                    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00\n
                }, \n

So this should be changed to the following?
Code:
        "layout-id", \n                Buffer (0x04)\n
                {\n
                    0x7c, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00\n
                }, \n

gtx_550_ti_hdmi_audio

IOReg shows audio-codec-index of 04 00 00 00, invalid

Fix:
Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA.

AppleHDA binary
find: 14 00 de 10
replace: 15 00 de 10 (4x)

Will I still have working on-board audio with these edits?
Will this solution work in Lion as well as Mountain Lion?

When I previously extracted my DSDT for Lion and also the new ML installation, I believe I used brycv's patch 'Asus Generic Patch without Audio', When i'm starting over again, do I not use this generic patch and use 'ami_clean_compile' instead? (before using the hdmi_audio_ami_bios_hd3000)

Edit:I can apply the Asus Generic and ami_clean_compile patches without any errors when I compile the code, however the brycv's patch generates errors once applied.

So this should be changed to the following?
"layout-id", \n Buffer (0x04)\n
{\n
0x7c, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00\n
}, \n[/code]

Will I still have working on-board audio with these edits?
Will this solution work in Lion as well as Mountain Lion?
I have no idea what is in brycv's patch. If your dsdt compiles with ami_clean_compile, then use that. The compiler errors are cause by 2 Device (HDEF)s.

Is your BIOS UEFI? If yes, use the HD3000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit.

Yes, 0x7c, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00\n is correct.

Yes and Yes, assuming the Interim AppleHDA.kext

The UEFI editing kit worked a treat, applied the patches and only optimisations that can be made - no errors or warnings to be seen.

I'm having some trouble with the AppleHDA binary edits, i've installed HexEdit (latest version) and downloaded the 'Interim_Ivy_Bridge_Lion_AppleHDA' file containing AppleHDA.kext. Viewing the package contents shows highlighting on 'AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver' and 'AppleHDAPlatformDriver' - are these the files do the binary edits on?

AppleHDAController Binary Edit
AppleHDA Binary Edit

I just have the issue of finding the string in any plist

EDIT:
I was looking in the wrong place heh. AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA is the correct one yes?
Find and replace four times, that's all the matches found! Backup existing AppleHDA and install new one with kextbeast/kextutility and install DSDT and HDMI audio should be fine?

Patched AppleHDA + DSDT attached just incase for checking.
View attachment Archive.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back