Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say "Repair Permissions and Cache" what are you referring to? Disk Utility?
I haven't heard of "Cache" either.
Cache is KernelCache, enables fast system boots. If anything changes in S/L/E, all kexts are loaded during boot.

Use Disk Utility, KextBeast, Kext Utility, Kext Wizard, SR Tools and on and on.

I really don't understand much of your guides, I'm sorry but i don't f*cking gets it... :( I must be stupid or something...

I have a GA-Z77N-Wifi with HD4000 graphics. I just want to use the HDMI for sound and picture but I can't solve it.

I belive there is a few more than me who uses that motherboard and I'm quite surprised that I'm not able to find a clearer step by step guide or a patch which solves it directly.. What to do and where to begin?
Thanks for the compliment.

Missed a step:
Mountain Lion HDMI audio - Verify S/L/E and org.chameleon.Boot.plist
1. Delete any and all audio enablers (HDAEnabler8??), helpers (ALC8??), etc.; AppleHDA.kext only.

Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext, repair permissions and cache, restart and reply with new IOReg.

Hahaha! I think I made a mistake.
I deleted all of the kexts that said audio in them along with the HDAEnabler1 and when I rebooted I had no sound devices at all and I had that weird issue with the screen looking all weird upon reboot. Good thing I didn't empty the trash bin before I restarted.

I'm still attaching the new IOReg. So I guess I will restore the kexts and just get rid of the HDAEnabler1 and see what that does.

Attachments

• Omar’s Mac Pro.zip
    331 KB · Views: 74
Hahaha! I think I made a mistake.
I deleted all of the kexts that said audio in them along with the HDAEnabler1 and when I rebooted I had no sound devices at all and I had that weird issue with the screen looking all weird upon reboot. Good thing I didn't empty the trash bin before I restarted.
Not good; Only remove HDAEnabler1. Edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00. Makes ure the correct AppleHDA.kext is installed. Run MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC887 Current.

I ran into some kernel panics, but I'm back up.

I still don't have sound and once again there are no other sound devices installed. Here is the IOReg file.

I really do appreciate all the help.

Attachments

• Omar’s Mac Pro.zip
    328.5 KB · Views: 67
I still don't have sound and once again there are no other sound devices installed. Here is the IOReg file.
Missed in previous reply, "Edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00". Try again.

WOW!!!

You did it! Thank you so much.
I say "you did it" because you really did, I was just following your steps.
You're awesome.

Now I just need to fix an issue with the iServices not taking my Apple ID and I will have a great configuration. Thank you once again!

Don't mean to be rude, I'm sorry for that.

What I mean is:

Thank you for your guides, I really appreciating them, but they are written in a way which isn't easy to understand. As you can se in my spelling, English isn't my first language. I'm not used to make things like this hack and that combined with the quite difficult procedure isn't a good combination.

If YOU, Toleda, didn't write these things, who would? So, again, I'm sorry.

I will try work this out dbassfour post and if it don't work I will get back to you guys.

I'm not able to solve this.. don't know what to do. Where do I begin?

Where do I begin?
This is not hard. Every step is there. Perform each step and there won't be a problem. Not doing a step is always a problem.
Download HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit from Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT. All the details and screenshota are in the -Read_me_first...pdf. You will need to edit layout-id to 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 when you get to that step. No other edits are required. Start at "Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - Preparation"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back