Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again Toleda,

I've tried again with the HD4000 AMI EFI edits only and it's now working properly! Quite happy but... I've lost the sleep feature! :(

It sleep and wakes up but the screen stays black. I've removed the dsdt.aml file and everything is back to normal except I don't have any sound. I've seen earlier on this post that some other user had the same issue but it was fixed with the new patch (post #40). Problem is, I tried with the newest method but I can't get HDMI audio to work now.

I'm using my discreet card as the main one (GTX670).

I've attached 2 zip files:

dsdt_ioreg_no_sleep.zip is the dsdt.aml file and the ioreg file when the "old method" has been used, which means the HD4000 AMI EFI files were used, hdmi audio works but no sleep.

dsdt_ioreg_new_method.zip is the dsdt.aml and the ioreg file when the "new method" (in this post) is used. Sleep works, HDMI audio doesn't work neither does the sound at all.

Just let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Attachments

• dsdt_ioreg_no_sleep.zip
    581.4 KB · Views: 76
  • dsdt_ioreg_new_method.zip
    486 KB · Views: 71
dsdt_ioreg_new_method.zip is the dsdt.aml and the ioreg file when the "new method" (in this post) is used. Sleep works, HDMI audio doesn't work neither does the sound at all.
dsdt_new_method has no HDMI audio edits. Either the edits were not applied properly or the edited dsdt was not installed.

dsdt_new_method has no HDMI audio edits. Either the edits were not applied properly or the edited dsdt was not installed.

Weird... I suspect I'm simply not doing the right thing...

Board is GA-Z77X-UP5-TH

- Extract dsdt with DSDT Editor (as usually, no dsdt are needed for this board)
- Apply the "ami_clean_patch" from HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit.zip file
- Compile the file. Getting an error that is fixed by the application itself (uppercase)
- Apply the patch in ML_DSDT-HDMI_Audio_Edits_v4.1.zip to my dsdt file
- Compile again and no errors.
- Export the dsdt.aml file and put it under /Extra
- Reboot. Sleep works but no sound at all.

Am I missing something in those steps?

Am I missing something in those steps?
Yes, those are not the steps from this guide Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT

If you applied the ML_DSDT-HDMI_Audio_Edits_v4.1 edits manually, sleep will not work. Start over, use the guide.

Apply Patch file - DSDT Editor
1. DSDT Editor/Open dsdt.aml
2. DSDT Editor/Patch/Open Desktop/.….._hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit/hdmi_audio_ami….txt
3. DSDT Editor/Patch/Apply
4. DSDT Editor/iASL/Compile

A bug with DSDT Editor, from the guide, do step 2.

Install dsdt.aml - DSDT Editor
1. DSDT Editor/iASL/Save .aml As…Extra/dsdt.aml (add extension) Note: may not work.
2. Copy (Drag/Hold Option key) Desktop/.….._hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit/dsdt. aml to Extra

Apply Patch file - DSDT Editor
1. DSDT Editor/Open dsdt.aml
2. DSDT Editor/Patch/Open Desktop/.….._hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit/hdmi_audio_ami….txt
3. DSDT Editor/Patch/Apply
4. DSDT Editor/iASL/Compile

A bug with DSDT Editor, from the guide, do step 2.

Install dsdt.aml - DSDT Editor
1. DSDT Editor/iASL/Save .aml As…Extra/dsdt.aml (add extension) Note: may not work.
2. Copy (Drag/Hold Option key) Desktop/.….._hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit/dsdt. aml to Extra

I understand that, and I've done it earlier (it gives me the dsdt.aml and ioreg files in the dsdt_ioreg_no_sleep.zip file). HDMI Audio works, global sound work but sleep is broken (My initial problem here).

That is why I've tried with the new patch "ML_DSDT-HDMI_Audio_Edits_v4.1.dsl" instead of the one in the "Mountain Lion hdmi audio ami dsdt" thread.

I understand that, and I've done it earlier (it gives me the dsdt.aml and ioreg files in the dsdt_ioreg_no_sleep.zip file). HDMI Audio works, global sound work but sleep is broken (My initial problem here).

That is why I've tried with the new patch "ML_DSDT-HDMI_Audio_Edits_v4.1.dsl" instead of the one in the "Mountain Lion hdmi audio ami dsdt" thread.
Is the sleep problem: 1 - the system doesn't goto sleep or 2 - the system doesn't wake after sleep? I don't know what you mean by old method and new method. If sleep isn't working with the method described in Post 1 of this thread, then I suggest a clean install with new HDMI audio dsdt edits.

It sleep and wakes up but the screen stays black. I've removed the dsdt.aml file and everything is back to normal except I don't have any sound.

As stated earlier, it sleeps but never wakes up.

Old method: Using this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/70762-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio-ami-dsdt.html

New method: Using the guide in the thread were in right now.

When using the guide in this thread, I don't have any audio at all. (That is, when applying the ML_DSDT-HDMI_Audio_Edits_v4.1.dsl patch).

When using the "old method" (applying the H
D4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit.zip patch), I get audio but no sleep.

If I understand correctly, I should use the patch in
HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit.zip. Why is there the ML_DSDT-HDMI_Audio_Edits_v4.1.zip file then? Confusing! ;)

If I understand correctly, I should use the patch in
HD4000_AMI_EFI_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit.zip. Why is there the ML_DSDT-HDMI_Audio_Edits_v4.1.zip file then? Confusing! ;)
The ML_DSDT-HDMI_Audio_Edits_v4.1 is for reference only; it describes the minimum necessary edits for HDMI audio with AMD, Nvidia and Intel HDMI codecs. Your so called "old method" is the current detailed method for implementing HDMI audio in the AMI BIOS. This thread summarizes ML HDMI audio and offers the option of editing AMI or Award BIOS. There is no "new" method.

What wake messages are in Console/All Messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back