Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Sound Devices? No
I am currently using Mac mini system definition.

Yes, AppleTV, 720p version. Airplay is switched ON in its settings, and latest upgrade 5.1 is applied.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-05 at 8.27.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-05 at 8.27.28 AM.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 171
Yes, AppleTV, 720p version. Airplay is switched ON in its settings, and latest upgrade 5.1 is applied.
You may have a network problem. No mirroring until the AppleTV shows up as an Airplay audio device in System Preferences. I don't have any other suggestions.

No network issue I can see, but I do have Ethernet to my computer and wireless to AppleTV. I've seen it suggested somewhere that both should be wireless. Thanks for following this through with me, perhaps it would help others if I now write up and post my ML Installation procedure.
One more question just to get my mind clear. When editing hdmi_audio_ami_efi_hd4000.txt, was the change from _ADR 0x00010000 to 2 or 3 made to match the Audio ID layout, or for another reason? I ended up with 2.

No network issue I can see, but I do have Ethernet to my computer and wireless to AppleTV. I've seen it suggested somewhere that both should be wireless. Thanks for following this through with me, perhaps it would help others if I now write up and post my ML Installation procedure.
One more question just to get my mind clear. When editing hdmi_audio_ami_efi_hd4000.txt, was the change from _ADR 0x00010000 to 2 or 3 made to match the Audio ID layout, or for another reason? I ended up with 2.
Your System Information/Audio screenshot above does not show Airplay. My ATVs are wired as is this system and AirPlay shows in both SI/Audio and SP/Sound.

That address is for the displays; DO NOT change for your system. The layout id is byte hex, i.e. 0x01, 0x00,.... The layout-id needs to be 3 for HD4000 HDMI audio.

An alternate audio card will not help HDMI audio. Have no clue what is wrong with the info provided. If you want troubleshooting help, attach the edited dsdt and a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

Cool, I just didn't want to waste anyone's time if it was similar to the lion issue of having to have a working audio card before you can get HDMI. I'll play with it a bit and if I can't figure it out, I'll post up ioreg etc.

Thanks again for all the help and as a community the assistance is pretty much incredible.

Hi toleda,

I followed the guide and everything in the process checked out fine. But my HDMI monitor is not showing up my sound options. Would you be able to take a look at my files?

Motherboard: GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 (U1c UEFI BIOS)
CPU: i5 2500K
Video Card: Gigabyte GV-R685OC-1GD (AMD 6850)
Audio: 889

I'm using the patched AppleHDA v2.3.0. My onboard audio works perfectly fine. Attached are my dsdt and copy of my IOReg. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3.zip
    742.8 KB · Views: 72
Hey Toleda, need your help.

I recently updated to 10.8.2 and lost sound. I made no changes to DSDT file. Now, there is no sound output options on System Settings > Sound. I previously had HDMI audio working. I updated my System definition to Mac Mini again but nothing.

Here's my DSDT file (on Zip file) if it's of any help. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• dsdt-puy85.zip
    26 KB · Views: 74
Hi Toleda,

This is probably a obvious answer for you but I would like to ask a question. Im using ALC883 on my original build(signature) and I have managed to get a digital throughput using Voodoo 0.2.1. I know its Voodoo that has enabled it as thats whats shows up in about this mac/audio. I've used a patched ALC883 from Olaria and a clean fresh DSDT from samisnakes guide. My original post is here A Shot in the Dark! ALC883

My question is why doesn't show as HDMI output in sound preferences,but it is working a treat. I think I just got lucky.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back