Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much indeed for the link!

I just made the test using the short surround test audio file, and it opened just fine in my TV connected through HDMI. All the steps (front left, front right etc) appear to be working as it should, since i indeed hear "front left" and "rear left" coming from the left side of my TV, and "front left" is clearly louder than "rear left", indicating they are being correctly adressed. It seems then that surround is working, which is really nice. :D

All the best!

Congrats!

jwk

Now, is it possible to enable the on-board sound /HD Audio/ ALC892, along with HDMI-Audio and AirPlay?
Yes. MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC892.
If no audio, attach a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg.

Here it is.... i switched my smbios to macmini 5,3 and that got rid of the distortions in itunes video. I am hoping if i fix this issue hdcp will come along with it. The naming issue existed before I switched. Once again thank you for your help

Attachments

• dunsel2.zip
    694.4 KB · Views: 74
Here it is.... i switched my smbios to macmini 5,3 and that got rid of the distortions in itunes video. I am hoping if i fix this issue hdcp will come along with it. The naming issue existed before I switched. Once again thank you for your help
What problem are you trying to solve? HD4000 is recognized. You actually installed macmini5,2, why? macmini6,2 is a better choice. Fix your profile.

i changed the profile on a whim and it fixed the garbled video. With 6,2 I was getting this error:

3/25/13 3:43:33.783 PM iTunes[474]: AVF error: Gen7IntelGVAScheduleAVDCommands, TT err =5

I looked over everything and saw the incorrect name for the hd4000 graphics and then I came here figuring something was not working correctly.This is what it looks like. Once again Thank you!

photo.JPG

Hello! Me again with another computer ready to get HDMI audio working :)

Latest project has been an Acer X3990, complete pain but nearly finished, it has a 6-series motherboard and sandybridge processor with a nVidia GT430. Working on-board audio with ALC662 with the guide over at insanelymac so I have AppleHDA.kext and ALC662.kext but enabled through DSDT edits not a HDAEnabler.kext. The BIOS is definitely not graphical, the good old arrow keys of a keyboard.

Before I start I would like to check if AMI-BIOS-HD3000-AMD-Nvidia-6_Series-A1 - AMD/Nvidia/HD3000 HDMI audio dsdt edits is the correct edits that I should be using from the page https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_hd3000

Regards,
Craig

Before I start I would like to check if AMI-BIOS-HD3000-AMD-Nvidia-6_Series-A1 - AMD/Nvidia/HD3000 HDMI audio dsdt edits is the correct edits that I should be using from the page https://github.com/toleda/audio_hdmi_hd3000
Yes , if the BIOS is AMI. Edit dsdt/HDEF layout-id to 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00. It is rare that you can get both integrated and discrete graphics to work on a laptop in OS X.

Yes , if the BIOS is AMI. Edit dsdt/HDEF layout-id to 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00. It is rare that you can get both integrated and discrete graphics to work on a laptop in OS X.

I should clarify, the X3990 is one of the small desktop models - not a laptop - in which I've put a GT 430 hard and using that instead of the HD2000 graphics and therefore should I use 1. Audio ID: 2 for 3 port on board audio which is for nVidia HDMI audio?
How can I check if the BIOS is AMI (i've never been clear on this)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back