Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S.: Oh, another one: what you said about the 6670 low-profile (GDDR5) will be valid also for the regular edition (GDDR3)?
For OS X HDMI audio and video, use only the low profile model. Any other 6670 model carries a very low probability of success.

For OS X HDMI audio and video, use only the low profile model. Any other 6670 model carries a very low probability of success.

Sorry to ask one more question, but i want to be sure which card to buy to avoid this very issue i'm having: the low profile model can be from any vendor, or must be specifically from Sapphiretech?

Thank you very much indeed. :)

Toleda, since you already had one of these: is it possible to not to mount the VGA output, or to attach it differently, so the card uses only one slot space (that would be crucial for it to fit on my setup, and in the pictures shown at Sapphiretech's site, it appears that the build is modular, meaning that i could mount it differently or not to mount it, but i can be wrong)?

EDIT: i'm asking based on this specific pic: http://us.sapphiretech.com/mc/image...I_VGA_PCIE_C02_634559251341881563_600_600.jpg

Best regards!

Toleda, since you already had one of these: is it possible to not to mount the VGA output, or to attach it differently, so the card uses only one slot space (that would be crucial for it to fit on my setup, and in the pictures shown at Sapphiretech's site, it appears that the build is modular, meaning that i could mount it differently or not to mount it, but i can be wrong)?
I installed the card as single slot low profile and no VGA.

Thank you, Toleda!

Toleda sorry to bother you with this matter
again, but I'm about to buy a EVGA GeForce GT620 2048MB (2GB) DDR3 PCI-Express and wonder if HDMI Audio works.

I look at the results of your experiments and conclude the opposite; the only way DP audio works is to unplug the adapter suggests the adapter needs to be initialized to work.

Interesting. You're saying that even though the adapter works fine with HDMI audio in Windows 7 without having to unplug and replug, that the adapter must be the culprit? I understand they both use their own methods of initialization, but the hardware they're using is identical, and it's been my limited experience that Windows is much pickier when enforcing HDCP... still, I have an open mind. Do you have a suggestion for a known good DP-to-HDMI adapter manufacturer?

2 Startech DP to HDMI adapters arrived today. After testing both and subjecting system to several reboots (admittedly not very extensive testing), the Startech adapters have failed... (...failed to disappoint me, that is :) ) which has taught me a valuable lesson... just because an adapter works in Windows doesn't mean it will work in OSX. I am in your debt, thank you for your help and patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back