Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
4. Problem Reporting i still cant get hdmi to work i dont know why HELP
4a. Motherboard/processor/OS and version/graphics
4b. Procedure/Guide Used
4c. dsdt
4d. copy of IOReg
Motherboard:asus maximus iv extreme z/intel 3570k processor/10.8.4 bios version 3603/nvidia sonic platinum palit geforce gtx 570
Procedure:
Sandy Bridge - HD3000 Graphics/6 Series Motherboardsw/AMI EFI or BIOS or Award BIOS/DSDT

Palit-GTX-570-Sonic-Platinum.jpg heres my video card

Attachments

• Herbert’s Mac Pro.zip
    447.6 KB · Views: 78
  • DSDT.zip
    19.4 KB · Views: 88

Motherboard:asus maximus iv extreme z/intel 3570k processor/10.8.4 bios version 3603/nvidia sonic platinum palit geforce gtx 570
Procedure:
Sandy Bridge - HD3000 Graphics/6 Series Motherboardsw/AMI EFI or BIOS or Award BIOS/DSDT
Attachments can't be opened. Compress with Finder (Finder/File/Compress...)

I can't get any framebuffer to load, but duckweed if I use GE=yes. (basically leaving everything like it was installed).
At boot prompt, try AtiConfig=Lotus GraphicsEnabler=No -v for each 6xxx framebuffer with HDMI connector
Another method is dsdt injection; use AMD_GE=N-DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit - Complete (HD 6870) from Downloads/DSDT-HDMI_Audio_Edits_v3.dsl in Post #1 of Lion HDMI Audio - Part 2a: DSDT Edits/Discrete - AMD/Nvidia.

The link you posted is helpful for an OS X install only.

edited again bec. dsdt not opening sorry
Two problems:
1. Your processor is HD4000, you have to use the HD4000 HDMI audio edits with the HD4000 on 6-series edit:
MaciASL/Patch/HD4000/ use 1. AMI-HD4000-7_Series-A3 and 2. AMI-HD6000-6_Series-MEI
2. The IOReg does not show the edit dsdt was installed.
MaciASL/File/Save As… /ACPI Machine Language Binary/Extra/dsdt.aml (add extension)

Two problems:
1. Your processor is HD4000, you have to use the HD4000 HDMI audio edits with the HD4000 on 6-series edit:
MaciASL/Patch/HD4000/ use 1. AMI-HD4000-7_Series-A3 and 2. AMI-HD6000-6_Series-MEI
2. The IOReg does not show the edit dsdt was installed.
MaciASL/File/Save As… /ACPI Machine Language Binary/Extra/dsdt.aml (add extension)
First and foremost my motherboard doesnt rely on onboard graphics in other words it relies on discrete graphics which is palit geforce gtx 570 which has an HDMI port but doesnt worked on MAC OSX but still i followed your instruction and still no hdmi signal .Regarding the ioreg file, i did a fresh install without a dsdt so that is the reason there is no edited dsdt installed in the ioreg file but ill attach the ioreg file with edited dsdt. Hope someone can help me.

Attachments

• HERBERT.zip
    558.6 KB · Views: 82
At boot prompt, try AtiConfig=Lotus GraphicsEnabler=No -v for each 6xxx framebuffer with HDMI connector
Another method is dsdt injection; use AMD_GE=N-DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit - Complete (HD 6870) from Downloads/DSDT-HDMI_Audio_Edits_v3.dsl in Post #1 of Lion HDMI Audio - Part 2a: DSDT Edits/Discrete - AMD/Nvidia.

The link you posted is helpful for an OS X install only.

I look at the dsdt edits, but a lot has changed from f10bios to uefi. Can't find _STA Notserialized within dsdt to know where to make edit.

I'm going to try a clean install on another disk. (I run OS on a seperate disk anyway).

EDIT: Scratch that I have 10.8 on both computers... no Lion :(

Could you tell me where to make the edits if this does not work?

First and foremost my motherboard doesnt rely on onboard graphics in other words it relies on discrete graphics which is palit geforce gtx 570 which has an HDMI port but doesnt worked on MAC
First and foremost, HDMI audio will not work in OS X on non Apple hardware until you modify your system correctly, regardless of the graphics system. Your system is still not configured correctly. An IOReg on a clean install is useless. What HDMI device is connected to the 570?

I look at the dsdt edits, but a lot has changed from f10bios to uefi. Can't find _STA Notserialized within dsdt to know where to make edit.
The AMD framebuffers are the same in Lion and Mountain Lion. Use the ML HDMI audio guide and make the HDMI audio edits with MaciASL/Patches. Compile and find Device (GFX0). Copy GFX0 from the dsdt edit file as described in my previous reply to your newly edited dsdt. Compile. Install with the Duckweed edit. If Duckweed doesn't work, edit GFX0 for Lotus, compile, install and restart. Repeat until you find a framebuffer that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back