hd2500
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

I'm after a low cost silent graphics card. My preference is the Asus GF EN210 - SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2 (LP).
I am running mountain lion 10.8.2.

GF 210.jpg
Has anyone had success with this particular card in ML 10.8.2? I have searched around and cant find a definitive answer.

OSx86 compatibility wiki says a GF210s is OOB with ML 10.8.2.
This post reports 10.8 works but 10.8.2 doesnt.

Thanks!

Hi All,

I'm after a low cost silent graphics card. My preference is the Asus GF EN210 - SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2 (LP).
I am running mountain lion 10.8.2.

View attachment 41069
Has anyone had success with this particular card in ML 10.8.2? I have searched around and cant find a definitive answer.

OSx86 compatibility wiki says a GF210s is OOB with ML 10.8.2.
This post reports 10.8 works but 10.8.2 doesnt.

Thanks!

What did you end up doing about this graphics card? I saw that in the thread that you listed as it not working, as i read it, says that the vga isn't working. VGA has not been supported by mac in some time (my 550ti card works just fine with it oddly enough.)

Anyway, I am looking to get another cheap card to power a third monitor.

Hi guys,

Any update? Is it working? I'm planning to build my first hackintosh with that Asus GF EN210 - SILENT/ card that I'd buy (29eur), and a GA-H61N-USB3 that I already have. Using this guide as an starting point:
HTML:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/91867-100-working-gigabyte-h61n-usb3-core-i3-3225-ivy-bridge-mountain-lion-10-8-2-a.html#post563915
Because I already have a VGA only monitor. (So I can connect the VGA monitor with a VGA to DVI-I adaptor, then to the DVI-I port on the ASUS gf, as the motherboard's DVI is a DVI-D and the specifications say that you can't connect to VGA with adaptor in that DVI-D).

Am I wrong? Can you confirm anything about the asus EN210 working ok and important things to keep in mind for a minimum hassle process?

Thank you!

Hi guys,

Any update? Is it working? I'm planning to build my first hackintosh with that Asus GF EN210 - SILENT/ card that I'd buy (29eur), and a GA-H61N-USB3 that I already have. Using this guide as an starting point:
HTML:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/91867-100-working-gigabyte-h61n-usb3-core-i3-3225-ivy-bridge-mountain-lion-10-8-2-a.html#post563915
Because I already have a VGA only monitor. (So I can connect the VGA monitor with a VGA to DVI-I adaptor, then to the DVI-I port on the ASUS gf, as the motherboard's DVI is a DVI-D and the specifications say that you can't connect to VGA with adaptor in that DVI-D).

Am I wrong? Can you confirm anything about the asus EN210 working ok and important things to keep in mind for a minimum hassle process?

Thank you!

I don't think a DVI-VGA adapter will work with OS X, whether connected to a DVI port on the motherboard or on a discrete graphics card. Mac OS X simply does not support analog (VGA) output.

I don't think a DVI-VGA adapter will work with OS X, whether connected to a DVI port on the motherboard or on a discrete graphics card. Mac OS X simply does not support analog (VGA) output.

I can confirm it's working with the adapter. So I am using a VGA monitor with a VGA to DVI-I adapter connected to de DVI output of the geforce 210.

Now I'm trying to solve some issues with audio and usb functionality delay. (wired keyboard & mouse) But that would belong to other thread I guess.

EDIT: Audio and USB issues sorted. Fully functional machine. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back