Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
None
CPU
None
Graphics
None
Tagging along since I had problems with this.

I've got the same board using the F12 bios along with a GTX 570. I did the install by creating a new ML version of the Unibeast USB key installer and wiping my SSD clean for the new install. After ML installed, I had to use the boot loader on the USB key to get into the new ML install on the hard drive (as usual) since Multibeast wasn't installed yet.

The good news:
- ML booted right into the OS from the white Apple screen in just a few seconds without a kernel panic.
- ML detected my EVGA GTX 570 without even having to install any drivers and listed it in the hardware specs
- Ethernet was automatically discovered as well
- Processor speed showed up normally and Geekbenched at ~10,800

The bad news:
- No audio. I tried several people's tips that had missing audio with this board and couldn't get it working. Maybe I just didn't find the right tip or didn't follow the advice correctly.
- This was the big one for me, after restarting ML (yes, the restarts worked normally for me) I could never get past the white Apple screen at boot. This is after installing the latest Multibeast of course. I tried using the F12 DTST for this mobo just like I did with Lion. No difference. I tried also installing the other usual kexts as well, but it just wouldn't go. You wouldn't even see the little black/gray spinning circle on the white screen showing that it was thinking. Now, if I would try again using the boot loader off the USB key it would work just fine with no problems. Obviously always having to boot from the USB would be annoying.

Needless to say, for now, I've put my 10.7.4 install back on since I had no issues with that until we get some more feedback with ML on this board.

The board runs fine under 10.7 and 10.8 without any problem. Sound is working with 2 kexts from multibeast. The hanging boot process under 10.8 is caused (likely) of a a bug in Mountain Lion during early kernel initialization, but there is a patch.

@nickeleye: Can you post the last messages of a verbose boot process?

Hi g0l3m
Everything has gone well for me in using unibeast install on this board (Sapphire 5770 Graphics), Unfortunately my SSD will not boot to ML after reboot from USB. It hangs at the white screen with a little banned/ghostbusters circle with a slash above the Apple logo.
You mention a patch - could you describe a little further?
Many thanks

Whats about the boot messages in verbose mode of Chimera? Is the last message "Still waiting for root device"?

Got no luck with same board (+same bios). But for me the ML installs even not starting (ML.app + Unibeast 1.5.1 for ML). Loading to white screen with cursor and stops. Everythings works, but installation stops. No thoughts about what I got to do.

Which GPU do you have? I guess a 6870/50?

Hallelujah! :) Many thanks to you, gol3m!

It works for me...

Same board with a Nvidia 8800GT booting from non SSD disk.
Everything worked without a hitch. I had to use Graphic Enabler yes otherwise I have blank screen at boot.

i always used the network realtek drivers in Lion, but this time I had to use the LN drivers instead.
I did not use the USB3 drivers yet. Everything seems to work so far.

I'm thinking to buy an SSD (OCZ vertex 4) but since it uses a 4k sector allocation not sure iT will work, as I had problem with a
momentous XT 750G.

I also would like to replace my 8800 with a GT640 to have native support and less power draw.

Geekbench is around 12600

--stoca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back