Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I followed this guide up to Step 4 - Point 5.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Note: at Step 2 - Point 13. I got two extra options. I chose one that was something like "Mac OS Mountain Lion From App Store" because I had already downloaded the installer through the app store. Was this wrong? Why is this option not explained in the guide?

However, MacOS does not start up. I see the boot options (USB, and Mountain Lion). When I select "Mountain Lion", it just sits on the empty screen with the Apple logo and the rotating wait icon for ages. I can't finish off the installation.

Here's my build:

---------
Gigabyte Q77M-D2H
Intel Core i7-3770K
Kingston 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
Cooler Master 500w Supply
Sandisk Extreme 240gig SSD
---------

Not currently installed: Geforce GTX650 (The instructions said install the card later)

Cheers

Please help. I went out and bought all the hardware based on the recommendations of this site yesterday, and now I can't get past the installation process. I've loaded the optimised defaults in the BIOS setup. Is there anything else I need to do there?

I tried booting in Verbose mode. I get errors like this:

This is an unknown CPU model 0x3a - power management may be incomplete or unsupported

I bought a CPU recommended by this site.

Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80637I73770K

1 step forward, 2 steps back.

I found a few threads about this topic but they mostly suggested changing some config files with Textedit, but I had to be able to boot in to MacOS to even try to do that. So, I booted in Safe Mode and everything seemed to be OK.

The first thing I did was to install the bare bones basics of Multibeast with Chameleon V2 as the boot thing.

Now, I get a different error when I try to boot, but I've got a worse problem. Now, my USB mouse/keyboard DO NOT work when I hit the Mac OS login screen. I can still get to the log in screen by booting from the USB stick, but the mouse and keyboard don't work at all. They work in the BIOS settings, they work in the MacOS installer, and they work at the boot loader screen, but they do nothing at the login screen.

This is the second time this has happened. I had to format and reinstall because this happened the first time, and now it's happened again. Why is Multibeast destroying my mouse/keyboard? Ahh, getting frustrated.

Boot -v and GraphicsEnabler=No and tell me what it says.

Thanks. How would I do this at the boot prompt?

-v -GraphicsEnabler=No

?

As mentioned I can't even get in to Safe Mode so I can't edit any config files or run Multibeast. If I have to do that, I'll have to format the drive and reinstall.

Thanks. How would I do this at the boot prompt?

-v -GraphicsEnabler=No

?

As mentioned I can't even get in to Safe Mode so I can't edit any config files or run Multibeast. If I have to do that, I'll have to format the drive and reinstall.

Just like this:
Code:
-v GraphicsEnabler=No

OK. So I did a clean format, and reinstall (because the keyboard/mouse don't had stopped working). Attached is a screenshot of the errors I get. It exactly what I posted above.

But, this is a bit of a red-herring because if I boot with -x, I can go in to Safe Mode without a problem the first time around. It's only after use Multi Beast that I lose the ability to use the mouse/keyboard. What kexts etc. should I be installing? I'm currently keeping it minimal. I'm just installing the Chameleon version 2 bootloader. What else should I be installing?

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    1,005.4 KB · Views: 133
I did the DSTD free install (second checkbox from the top) of Multibeast. Everything seemed to be ok there. I was actually able to restart and go straight in to MacOS a couple of times. Other times, it would get to the login screen and then the display was completely wrong and I couldn't make much out on the screen. Everything seemed to be better at this point, so I carbon copy cloned the installation so I could restore it if anything else went wrong.

Then , I installed my graphics card (GTX650) and turned the power on. I got no display (VGA, or HDMI) from either the inbuilt display or the GTX 650. So, I took it out. Since this point, I haven't been able to get any display at all. I can't even get to the CMOS settings. I tried resetting CMOS several times but I can't get to anything now. Everything is screwed.

So, after a while I tried putting the video card back in and eventually got HDMI display. But, now I can't boot in to Safe Mode at all. What is happening now is that it gets through the boot process and then the screen goes completely white. I tried -v -x and the screen spits up the usual text, but as mentioned, the screen turns completely white and I can't do anything from there. The internal display no longer works at all.

Very stuck, very frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back