1. Android
  2. iOS
I've recently built this setup:

Gigabyte Q77M-D2H
i7-3550
Asus GTX660-DC2O-2GD5
TP-Link WDN4800
16Gb Corsair Vengence

I followed the guide on the website and everything went pretty smoothly. Everything is set to its out of box setting and I didn't overclock anything. In multibeast I only install the audio 887 driver no DSDT, no DSDT installation, and Chimera. I was under the impression I might need to check the USB3 (it turns out it doesn't matter) so I checked it. I also installed fakeSMC and its plugins.

The machine was running well and fine for about a week. I've used it to done some work with matlab, stata, and use it for photoshop and lightroom as well. Yesterday the computer cannot wake up from sleep (power LED on, HDD light no activity, screen blank). So I checked the system log and see that there are couple instances of USBF "Found a transactrion which hasn't moved in 5 seconds":
http://db.tt/PAsBK3d7
I googled a bit and thought it might be related to USB3. This is where it all went downhill. I used kext wizard to remove the USB3 osx86 kext and reboot and see if the sleep issue go away. After reboot, the computer will work for around 2 minutes, and then freeze. I then think ok maybe it's still some USB issues, so I removed basically EVERYTHING USB related on the MB, save for my wired keyboard and mouse, and reboot, but the computer will still freeze after 2 minutes. Although nothing in the BIOS was changed just prior to this, I thought ok let's turn off some stuff like xHCI (for USB 3) and make sure everything in the BIOS is what it was suggested previously in the forum, but still wouldn't fix it.

Next I thought, ok maybe the kext I removed is the wrong one. I then take out the USB drive that I used a week ago and erased the drive and then reinstall. The system seem to be back on its feet after installation, and before multibeast restart everything seem normal. The computer did not freeze at the 2 minute point and all. I then downloaded the latest multibeast and redo the working setting that I tried out previously. This time after reading through and through I decided to minimize risk and did not install fakeSMC. After multibeast, I reboot and the two minute freeze come AGAIN. I tried once again and it freeze again. I manage to export the console log before it freezes:
http://db.tt/ROjHMAYS
As you might see, the USB issue is gone, the system reboots after a fresh install at 7:11 pm and crash at 7:16 pm. I restarted and system running again at 7:16, but freeze again shortly after 7:19pm, when I exported the system log.

One thing I notice is that once it's frozen, if I unplug my display and plug it back in, the screen will be completely garbed (think photoshop's add noise filter). I was wondering if it's a display card or motherboard issue, but I am running a dual boot with Win8 on a separate harddrive and it works flawlessly, which suggest it might not be the issue with my graphics card.

I've just came across the thread about 560 fermi freeze after sleep issue, but the 660 is a kepler card and shouldn't have that issue, right??? ......... right?

Any ideas? Please help. Thank you very much.

It was a dream when it runs. PS CC was so smooth and fast, FCPX and lightroom and all, like driving a ferrari after years of driving a civic (2008 MBP) so I really wanna make it work again and not having to work with win8

apparently pastebin doesn't like log files. i've updated the broken link

Today I tried safe mode, still freeze. Lemme try again

Single user mode: freeze.

Freeze is literally just that. The whole computer just freezes. Mouse / key no use and the computer screen stays there.

Tried something else. Noticed that for some reason while I've explicitly not checked fakesmc it show up in the volumes extension folder and naturally in the logs as well. So I use the unibeast USB drive and go into terminal and do a rm-r from the s/l/e/. Now it hang at boot screen. Do a -v and found out that there's a kernel panic.

http://twitter.com/swotai/status/359687788729356289/photo/1

my guess is that this is also the cause for my freezing previously.... Any ideas???

tried loading BIOS optimal setting then:
1, disable VT-d
2, Change bios boot setting from IDE to AHCI
3, Change xHCI from smart auto to auto
4, Enable both handsoff settings under peripheral
5, everything else stay the same.

Reboot verbose and now it get pass the panic point, but shows error related to USB hasn't move error ONCE AGAIN.

Motherboard problem?

How to apply? The problem is that it freeze within such a short time I don't have time to load anything.

- - - Updated - - -

How to apply? The problem is that it freeze within such a short time I don't have time to load anything.

How do you install 5.4.1. over 5.4.0 without nuking your system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back