Contribute
Register

(Mountain Lion) Can't figure out how to enable HDMI audio (Nvidia GTX 680)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
windows 7
CPU
i7
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi
My system is
CPU = intel i7-3770k
Motherboard = Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
GPU = Galaxy GTX 680 2GB
RAM = 8GB

My problem is that I don't know nothing about hackintoshs. I've followed the instructions on this thread
http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
and I managed to install Mountain Lion on my pc. After the installation was done, every thing was working and I didn't even had to use Multibeast. Everything except audio was working. I've looked online for a solution, but I always get lost with how to extract my DSDT and how to install it. I have zero knowledge when it comes to Kext and aml as well. Please help me get my HDMI audio working and please if you decide to help me. Give detailed instructions and assume that I know nothing about hackintoshs.
Thanks in advance.

I've tried it but it didn't work. HDMI audio still not working.
thanks for the help.

Hi
I've looked online for a solution, but I always get lost with how to extract my DSDT and how to install it. I have zero knowledge when it comes to Kext and aml as well. Please help me get my HDMI audio working and please if you decide to help me. Give detailed instructions and assume that I know nothing about hackintoshs.
The only way to learn is to try. The instructions are very detailed. It's your system, you get to do the work.

1. [GUIDE] Creating your own DSDT for most boards
2. Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT

Thank you very much. I appreciate the help. I will try to do it on my own, but one more question. My board is not on the patch list. Is it ok to use another a patch from another board?
Thanks again

Thank you very much. I appreciate the help. I will try to do it on my own, but one more question. My board is not on the patch list. Is it ok to use another a patch from another board?
Thanks again
The only issue with an extracted dsdt is that it must compile. It there are no patches for your dsdt, it means you have the same functionality as the native dsdt. Patching your dsdt with patches from a different motherboard means you have to accept the consequences, good or bad.

got it, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back