Hi

Board: Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
6 core i7 3930K
16 GB RAM
Geforce GTX 260
USB audio (internal audio unreliable)
System: Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Macbook Pro 2010

As I constantly failed to make a bootable USB Stick with Unibeast 3.01 (2 computers, 3 systems, fresh installed, 4 OSX install files, 3 USB sticks) I tried a different install procedure.

I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on my Macbook Pro, then (still on Macbook) used Multibeast with the recommendet settings for Mountain Lion.

I put the Macbook harddisk inside the Custo Mac.
But problem unsolved: Restarts when starting Darwin (like with many other users)

Could this procedure be a proper way to install Mountain Lion at all?
(Is it worth to try to find the error which causes restarting?)

Thanks for the answer.

The Snow Leopard system as described already runs since half a year, absolutely stable, with 7 connected harddisks, 2 big screens, a fast production system.

I just want to add a second boot possibility with Mountain Lion, to run a few programms which do not run under Snow Leopard.

Is there a alternative possibility to install Mountain Lion beside this USB boot stick procedure at all?
I already spend 2 full days trying to make this boot stick, updated installer, tryed every trick from this forum on both computers, got tired trying.

As described, I have a running Custo Mac Snow Leopard system and a Macbook whith Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion.

Could you explain why(!) installing the whole stuff on a real Mac and transfering the harddisk to a Custo Mac is not going to work?

--------
By the way, this is the way I transfered the Snow Leo system. I took my original Mac Pro system harddisk, with all 5 years old individual settings, drivers and programs installed and just installed the Multibeast stuff over it. This was simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back