Contribute
Register

mountain Lion 10.8.2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
motherboard OR system make and model # > See Rules!
CPU
i7 > Need full model # > See Rules!
Graphics
GTX 450
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
This summer I made my first Hackintosh with Lion 10.7.4 and it works like a dream. Thank You tonymacx86.com for that! :)
I used the Unibeast/Multibeast-method and the installation went very well, almost right out of the box. No boot flags needed etc.

OS X: Lion 10.7.4
Motherboard: ASUS P8 Z68-V/GEN3
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 1024 MB
Processor: 3,41 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Now I have tried to upgrade to Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (on to a separate disc), but that did not work at all. I do the usual Unibeast bootable USB. But when I click on the USB-icon in Chimera Boot Screen, the apple logo on the light grey screen appears but after a about 30 seconds the screen goes black and shuts off. I've tried the bootflags and commands: PCIRootUID=0, GraphicsEnabler=No, -v and -x but nothing seems to work. When I used PCIRootUID=0 it went a little further and came as far that the menu bar appears but no further than that because then the rotating "beach ball" appeared and after 10 minutes the screen shut down. I've also tried the xMove method, but when I click on the Installer in Chimera boot screen I get a kernel panic.

I suspect it's the graphics card that doesn't work with 10.8.2 somehow. But I'm no expert. So please, if You have any suggestions on how to fix this I would be very grateful! :)

Now I've had some progress :) Installed using onboard graphics card and -x mode. Installation works fine, but after restarting it only comes as far as to the apple boot screen and the spinning wheel which will go on forever spinning... But if I boot in -x mode I manage to start Mountain Lion. The graphics is 1920 x 1200 in resolution but the graphic performance is very slow and lagging. What do I have to do to be able to start Mountain Lion in normal mode? Is the easiest way to buy a new more compatible graphics card (been thinking of buying GeForce GTX 660 Ti that is recommended here on tonymac) Or is there another way to get my GeForce GTS 450 to work?

Solved it finally!!!!!!! My Hackintosh upgrade from OS X Lion 10.7.4 to OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2

Motherboard: ASUS P8 Z68-V/GEN3
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 1024 MB
Processor: 3,41 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

I first tried using the above graphics card but that did not work at all. So I upgraded to
ASUS nVidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti and then things started to work out.

I followed this procedure:
1. I bought and downloaded Mountain Lion 10.8.2 from Appstore and made the
USB-stick for installation using Unibeast.
2. To reach the installer I used the bootflag –x
3. Restart after installation
4. I used –x bootflag again to be able to start Mountain Lion in safe mode
5. After logging in to Mountain LIon, I ran Multibeast clicking these features:
Since the MBO has no DSDT-file: Easybeast Installation
For sound: Realtek ALC8xx/without DSDT/ALC892.
Network: hnak’s AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet
Customization: Bootoptions/GraphicsEnabler=0

So far so good, but after I tried to restart, it stopped at the famous and enjoyable forever spinning wheel. Sounds familiar? But I found a solution on this link.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/72956-10-8-2-problem.html
Thanks guys! ☺

In short this is how to stop the forever spinning wheel:
1. In post #5 You’ll find a file called AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip
2. Download the file and place it on Your desktop
3. Install the kextfile using Kexbeast (from tonymac)
4. Then run Multibeast for Lion (Yes Lion!!) and only click ”Repair Permissions” under System Utilities and install.

After that, reboot and Mountain Lion should start in normal mode. At least it works for me. I hope it also will work for You.

Regrettably I’m still using Lion 10.7.4 since my monitor hardware calibration software cannot communicate with monitor NEC LCD 2690WUXi2 due to changes made in Mountain Lion by Apple. NEC is warning users from upgrading to ML until the problem is solved. So I just have to wait for Apple’s next ML upgrade and hope for a solution. But that’s another story. Now I at least have a separate ML disk working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back