Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone, I installed Ventura with OpenCore following Dortania guide on my CustoMac Mini, but my external audio interface MOTU Ultralite Hybrid mk3 is not working. I installed the drivers for Ventura and the interface appears in the system information page under USB, but the MOTU Audio Setup app doesn't appear turning on the interface, and it doesn't appear in sound options in system preferences.
Internal audio is working, and I mapped USB ports before installing Ventura on Windows with USBToolBox as suggested, but I didn't do anything more on that side. I also tried replacing the usb cable (you never know), and the interface is working correctly in my MacbookAir with Monterey (I am waiting to have a fully working system on my desktop before upgrading it to Ventura too).
Should I map again the ports on MacOS? Anyhting else coming to your mind that might block the interface or that could be done to make it work?
The system will be used (and was used until a week ago running Mojave) mainly for sound production in my home studio, so it is fundamental for me to get it working.
Thanks in advance for the help!
glauco

Was it working before on the same machine but previous OS? Or is it a new build/first time use?
If so, what OS were you running before the upgrade?

You may need to reinstall all drivers, make sure all the kexts have passed the OS security as that could stop it from functioning properly.

Was it working before on the same machine but previous OS? Or is it a new build/first time use?
If so, what OS were you running before the upgrade?

You may need to reinstall all drivers, make sure all the kexts have passed the OS security as that could stop it from functioning properly.
Hi, thanks for the reply, it was working on the same machine running Mojave.
I already checked if the main kext are in the libraries folders and everything seems ok but I'm not totally sure I checked for ALL the kexts (I searched for kexts named Motu). I'll check again in the next days and let you know!

Last edited:
Hey @glcslv did you ever find a solution here? I've just got a new m4 interface and getting issues with the driver as well.

CoreAudio works fine, but can't seem to get the drivers working, despite the install completing, restarting etc.

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 1.43.43 pm.png

System extension shows as installed, and i've allowed in security settings as per this article. https://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/enabling-motu-drivers-high-sierra

Doing some googling, looks like there should be a .kext in L/E or S/L/E named MOTUCoreUAC.kext but this doesn't appear to get installed.

The only things I see are
com.motu.driver.coreuac.dext.dext in Library/SystemExtensions
Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 1.45.39 pm.png

And
com.motu.coreuac.reenumerator.xpc in Library/Application Support

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 1.45.55 pm.png

Back