Contribute
Register

Motion Graphic Designer: First Build, Absolutely Clueless, Need some advice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MacBook Pro
CPU
2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all - brand new to this entire thing. I have had my MacBook Pro for almost 4 years now, and before that a MacBook that I found and refurbished (no joke). That being said, I've never actually had to build my own computer, and aside from installing more memory in my Pro, I have no clue what I'm doing.

I'm a motion graphic designer, fresh out of college, and I need something that can support heavy 3D rendering, compositing, editing, etc. I primarily use Maxon Cinema 4D, all Adobe products (mostly AfterEffects and Premiere Pro), Final Cut, and Resolume.

I've noticed the incredibly handy monthly guides this site puts out, and would like to completely trust the builds that are offered. But as I'm completely clueless and without expendable income, I have to be cautious.

So here are my questions:
1 - Can these builds be trusted to the 'T'?
2 - The CustoMacPro build looks to be the one for me, as it is within my price range of $1500, and it seems powerful enough to support my needs: http://www.tonymacx86.com/333-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-february-2013.html#custo_pro
Any thoughts about this given the information I provided on what I intend to be doing?
3 - Friends have mentioned that I should look into a fan/ cooling system immediately, but there is no option given for this build - ideas?
4 - Any other motion graphic designers/ animators/ or other visual artists out there that can share there experience?

Thanks in advance for anyone checking this post out - I could really use some feedback!!

Justin

Hey all - brand new to this entire thing. I have had my MacBook Pro for almost 4 years now, and before that a MacBook that I found and refurbished (no joke). That being said, I've never actually had to build my own computer, and aside from installing more memory in my Pro, I have no clue what I'm doing.

I'm a motion graphic designer, fresh out of college, and I need something that can support heavy 3D rendering, compositing, editing, etc. I primarily use Maxon Cinema 4D, all Adobe products (mostly AfterEffects and Premiere Pro), Final Cut, and Resolume.

I've noticed the incredibly handy monthly guides this site puts out, and would like to completely trust the builds that are offered. But as I'm completely clueless and without expendable income, I have to be cautious.

So here are my questions:
1 - Can these builds be trusted to the 'T'?
2 - The CustoMacPro build looks to be the one for me, as it is within my price range of $1500, and it seems powerful enough to support my needs: http://www.tonymacx86.com/333-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-february-2013.html#custo_pro
Any thoughts about this given the information I provided on what I intend to be doing?
3 - Friends have mentioned that I should look into a fan/ cooling system immediately, but there is no option given for this build - ideas?
4 - Any other motion graphic designers/ animators/ or other visual artists out there that can share there experience?

Thanks in advance for anyone checking this post out - I could really use some feedback!!

Justin

Take a look at this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...3770k-ga-z77x-up5-th-photography-beast-5.html

DBP knows a good deal about building / using Customacs for Graphic Design / Photo editing

Awesome! Thank you so much, checking this out now.

I did a search before opening a new thread, I just didn't find what I needed. Anything close is at best almost six months old and with the rapidity of change in the tech world I figured I'd be best off starting a new thread to get current parts and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back