Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Formula Z97 w/ Thunderbolt - Clover UEFI Bootloader r3292
CPU
i7 4970K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 980 ti and AMD 580
I'm running an Asus Maximus VII Formula Board, i7 4790k CPU. The board is looking faulty from every diagnostic I've been able to do. I've never done this with a Hackintosh, so I'm lost on what is going to happen. If I were to install, say A Maximus IX with an upgraded CPU, what would happen? Will my configurations still work?

Thanks

If you’re upgrading the motherboard then you will need to upgrade RAM as well. Also, you’re going from a LGA1150 to 1151 socket so your SMBIOS will have to be updated along with other patches/Keats which may be relevant to the new board. If you’re using custom DSDT or SSDTs then you will need to recreate all those to match the new hardware.

If you’re not looking to completely overhaul your hardware then I’d stick with getting the same motherboard or even a different brand but 1150 socket.

I'm running an Asus Maximus VII Formula Board, i7 4790k CPU. The board is looking faulty from every diagnostic I've been able to do. I've never done this with a Hackintosh, so I'm lost on what is going to happen. If I were to install, say A Maximus IX with an upgraded CPU, what would happen? Will my configurations still work?

Thanks

What is the version of MacOS you were running on that system?

If you were to upgrade to a new LGA1151 motherboard (either Kaby Lake / Coffee Lake), in addition to needing new RAM and new CPU, you may also need to upgrade your MacOS as the version of MacOS on your system may not support the new hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back