Sapphire VaporX 1GB Radeon HD5870)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all!

I want to upgrade my PC and make it more powerful. So I want to buy a Z68 Intel Chipset motherboard and I am between :

ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3

and

GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

I want to install Windows 7 and OSX Lion (on differnet disks). Which do you think is the best solution for Mac OS X Lion? I want it to be 100% compatible with OSX.

PS : I always was a "fan" of ASUS motherboards... :p

Thanks!

GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3. Have one, it's been pretty much flawless. Maybe 3 random freezes in 3 months. Just updated to 10.7.3 and it was simple (had to Multibeast to get sound back).

All the ports work, built in graphics work. Nothing but good things to say about it.

The Asus board you have bluetooth built in even though I am not a fan of Asus boards.

The Gigabyte board you need a bluetooth adapter for your wireless peripherals.

Choose your pill. :p

jester969 said:
The Asus board you have bluetooth built in even though I am not a fan of Asus boards.

The Gigabyte board you need a bluetooth adapter for your wireless peripherals.

Choose your pill. :p

OOo, it's like $10 for a USB bluetooth adapter. I'd still go Giga. Basically rock solid.

Asus. There are several builds with the P8Z68 Deluxe (including mine). It is an awesome rock solid board. The full UEFI BIOS implementation it closer to an actual MAC.

If you wanna native powermanagement, DON'T go for asus ;)

I got the Z68X-UD3H-B3 and everything's perfect. (the only problems were from macman's DSDT that isn't that good, but I've hacked my own and made it avalaible, look at the wiki, Lion 10.7.2 section)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back