EVGA GeForce GTX 650Ti Boost
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone!

Need a little advice on which motherboard to choose. I am following the pro CustoMac Pro build, but not sure if the Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 is the best choice for me. I mean, this is the first machine I will be building since the late 90's and will be a one off, so need to choose the right motherboard....

So advice would be appreciated, do I stick with the UD3 or go for something better with more durability like the UD4 or UD5? I wont be using the mSata on the UD3, so my thoughts are so why not spend a little more and get something better.

I may be totally wrong and it will do the job, but need guidance on this. Can I go with an ASUS Z68 motherboard, or is Gigabyte Z68 the more compatible solution?

Any input/advice/comments are appreciated.

SJG

That's not an easy topic.

You can practically pick any board which has got a DSDT in the database http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt.php and make it work with OSX.

So it really depends.

If you want to have a board with a long lifespan, get the one with Solid Capacitors. That's a must! 4 RAM slots, too. 2xPCI16 and some PCI would be good to have.

Best stick with Gigabyte, for their boards work the very best with OSX!

But it really depends, though.

By the way, going for a i5-2500k for some overclocking wouldn't be a bad choice, too. ;) ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back