Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there

I’m looking for some advice with my build as I’m a bit new to this.
My builds primary purpose will be using DAW’s (Logic X primarily).

Motherboard:
I’m lost in which motherboard to buy as the only difference between them I can see is the price.
What’s the difference between series 8 & 9?
The motherboard will have a minimum of 4 memory slots, though more would be preferred.

CPU:
I have no idea about CPU’s except I know i7 is better than i5.

If anyone can point me to places to find this information/recommend any parts/ or generally help I will be very grateful!
Thanks

Noob in need!

Hi there

Motherboard:
I’m lost in which motherboard to buy as the only difference between them I can see is the price.
The motherboard will have a minimum of 4 memory slots, though more would be preferred.

CPU:

If anyone can point me to places to find this information/recommend any parts/ or generally help I will be very grateful!
Thanks
I'm surprised none of the Audio Gurus, who inhabit this forum, answered you cry for help. Probably, not enough info in the title - I'll add "DAWs System Needed".

Both the 8 & 9-series motherboards are Haswell processor supported motherboards. The difference between the 8 & 9- series is that the 9-series will not only support the Haswell Refreshed processors, but, supposedly, the future Broadwell processor series, too. The drawback to the 9-series is that Apple has yet to market a product using the 9-series chipset. So, you have the early adopter syndrome to deal with this series. Since you want to use your computer/hackintosh for DAW, I'd recommend the 8-series. See the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guides for some suggested configurations.

See also the Golden & User Builds and Music forum sections for DAW configurations. I also recommend BoomR's sticky threads in the Music forum section: http://www.tonymacx86.com/music/ Also, check out BoomR's build descriptions (links in his signature block).

Good luck...and welcome to the Forum! :thumbup:

Noob in need!

Hi there

Motherboard:
The only real difference is the option of using an M.2 or Sata Express SSD with the
9 series motherboards. Also the option to add a Broadwell CPU later on. If you don't
plan on doing either of those things go with the Z87X-UD3H or one of the other Z87
ATX motherboards from Gigabyte.

CPU:

If you want an I7 get the 4790K. If that is too high priced get the
I5-4690K. Then if you want to over clock later for more performance
a few years down the road then you have that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back