GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi guys,

I'm new to the community and unfortunately, I'm in desperate need of help.

It's been a few years now that I built my last PC (almost 15 yrs now :-O), but since Apples Setups (and prices!) are ridiculous, I am eager to start building my own hackintosh.

Since I wanted to have both, a nice guide how to do all this as well as enough people with the exact same setup to be able to solve problems together, I went for the golden build done by HackaShaq and ordered all parts he used. Almost.

Unfortunately, after ordering almost all parts I realized that the Motherboard GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7 is out of stock all around the world. Therefore I assume, its not being produced anymore. Since the same goes for the GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 5, I'm wondering, which Motherboard I should buy.

Considering, that there are a few subtle differences (see GIGABYTEs comparison table), I'm afraid that something won't work with other models. For example only the Gaming 7 has an "ESS9018Q2C chip" as audio chip, an additional LAN chip as well as another setup for Expansion Slots, USB, Storage Interfaces and Internal I/O Connectors.

So, who can give me an advise on which Motherboard to buy considering I already bought all the other hardware, listed in HackaShaqs build?

Components already purchased:
- Phanteks ph-es515e GS
- EVGA 750 BQ, 80+ BRONZE 750W Power Supply
- Intel Core i7-8700K Processor
- be quiet! Dark Rock 4 PRO
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz
- Samsung 970 EVO 500GB - NVMe
- 8GB Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 (Lite Retail)
- Syba Low Profile PCI-Express 1394b/1394a (2B1A) Firewire Card
- TP-LINK Archer T9E AC1900 WLAN Dual Band PCI-E Adapter
- GYMLE BT Dongle

hackmymac

Last edited:
Just about any board with a z370 chip will work some better then others I have a Gigabyte z370 gaming 5 and a HD3 both work ... Where are you in the EU that you can not get it off Newegg?
Thanks, for pointing me at Newegg. Never heard of it before.

Ordered a new Gaming 7 now. Hopefully their info was accurate and there are still some left in stock. If so, it should arrive within the next 5 days here in Germany :)

FYI, for anyone else, on the hunt for that MoBo: It’s not being built anymore by Gigabyte. So, as scottkendall mentioned, the hackintosh community has to look at some other MoBo’s.

There is one for sale from a seller on amazon.de, too. Also since Amazon in Germany is still taking orders for this they may stock it again one last time. That's hypothetical though. I bought mine a couple weeks ago in anticipation of them being faded out. Should have waited though, it was available for crazy low prices at some shops in Germany last week.

The Gaming 7-OP is the same, they just added a 16GB Optane SSD to the box.

Last edited:
Aside the mainboard (which should arrive any day now)...
What is required for native WiFi and Handoff support?

The Buyers Guide says
If you don't use the PCIe slot, we recommend the PCIe card below for native WIFI

Which PCIe card is meant here? There are multiple...
  1. TP-Link Archer T9E 802.11AC AC1900
  2. Fenvi FV-T919 802.11AC A/B/G/N/AC Desktop Wifi Card
  3. Rosewill RNX-AC1900PCE, 802.11AC Dual Band AC1900
  4. TP-Link Archer Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Adapter 802.11AC (T8E AC1750)

Aside the mainboard (which should arrive any day now)...
What is required for native WiFi and Handoff support?

The Buyers Guide says

Which PCIe card is meant here? There are multiple...
  1. TP-Link Archer T9E 802.11AC AC1900
  2. Fenvi FV-T919 802.11AC A/B/G/N/AC Desktop Wifi Card
  3. Rosewill RNX-AC1900PCE, 802.11AC Dual Band AC1900
  4. TP-Link Archer Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Adapter 802.11AC (T8E AC1750)

1. Fenvi FV-T919 802.11AC A/B/G/N/AC Desktop Wifi Card
  2. or one from OSXwifi
  3. or order a real Mac Wifi Card and adaptors and such and make your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back