Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I will upgrade my running H270-HD3.

Now I'm searching a new board with more then 6 SATA connectors, 6 USB connectos external and >2 USB connectors internal (minimum 2 USB3).
Any recommendation?

Thanks!

Hi,

I will upgrade my running H270-HD3.

Now I'm searching a new board with more then 6 SATA connectors, 6 USB connectos external and >2 USB connectors internal (minimum 2 USB3).
Any recommendation?

Thanks!

I assume that you want to reuse your hardware components like CPU, RAM etc. ?

If so you will want another Socket 1151 motherboard. The Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 9 and GA-Z270X-Gaming 8, both listed in the Buyer's Guide, have 8 SATA connectors on the motherboard, 6 external USB connectors and 2 USB3 internal connectors.

However, please note that these motherboard are much more expensive than your own motherboard.

Few 1151 motherboards have more than 6 SATA connectors. As Intel only supports 6 SATA on the 1151 platform and therefore it constitutes extra expense to add extra SATA ports. Besides, the availability of M.2 / U.2 means if you choose them for a SSD then you need one less SATA port and the motherboard makers and Intel obviously think that 6 SATA ports are enough.

I will also move from an i5 to an i7. So it doesn't matter if I can use the memory or not.

Yeah mut the M2 SSDs are much more expensive. I prefer to pay some euros more for the board to be more flexible. :)
But it makes no sense to buy a board for more then 300€.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back