GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 770
aspire 5740g laptop

Hello all, i am now running
OS X El Capitan 10.11.1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7 740QM (was the i5 cpu, now changed)
Processor Speed: 1.73 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 5650 Series 1024 MB
Realtek ALC272 - sound
Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet BCM57780
8gig ram
Kingston 480 ssd
Broadcom BCM943224HMS PCI-E Half Mini Card
This is what i replaced my wireless card with
I am not sure what i had before that as i replaced it to Qualcomm Atheros AR9485, at the time i wasn't trying to turn it into a hacintosh.

I do not take credit for the text's that i finally found for the lan and sound. how ever i will attach them to this post

I have also attached my clover config file in that lot so any one with the same ati card can get it to work, i have also attached the ati patch that i used to get it to work.

forgot to add that for some reason one of the right hand usb ports don't work.... not sure how to fix this. the other 3 work so not worried to much about it. how ever if any one has a fix i would like to know hence my title being mostly working

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2 MB · Views: 273
Wow impressive! I've been trying to get my Acer Aspire 5740G to work with El Capitan and Clover .... trying you fixes/files now. Fingers crossed!

Mark.

No luck keep getting the circle with a line through when trying to get to the install from the USB stick. Also noticed that I have a 5470 ATI card - the BIOS is completely locked down so unable to disable it.

Live in hope.

M

Same here . My laptop however is the same as franktodday's, can you please explain in more details the steps that you have done to make the install.

Thanks in advance

aspire 5740g laptop

I have also attached my clover config file in that lot so any one with the same ati card can get it to work, i have also attached the ati patch that i used to get it to work.

forgot to add that for some reason one of the right hand usb ports don't work.... not sure how to fix this. the other 3 work so not worried to much about it. how ever if any one has a fix i would like to know hence my title being mostly working

GPU
you don't have any connector patches in KernelAndKextPatches, under Graphics you are using orangutan which only supports 2 videoports and you list 3.

kernelpm patch not needed

usb ports need custom injector to function http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html#post1108978 if they are non-intel usb3(HM55 doesn't have usb3) aren't supported

aspire 5740g laptop

OS X El Capitan 10.11.1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7 740QM (was the i5 cpu, now changed)
Processor Speed: 1.73 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 5650 Series 1024 MB
Realtek ALC272 - sound
Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet BCM57780
8gig ram
Kingston 480 ssd
Broadcom BCM943224HMS PCI-E Half Mini Card This is what i replaced my wireless card with
I am not sure what i had before that as i replaced it to Qualcomm Atheros AR9485, at the time i wasn't trying to turn it into a hacintosh.

I do not take credit for the text's that i finally found for the lan and sound. how ever i will attach them to this post

I know … this is an old Thread but nevertheless:
Thanks a lot! I successfully installed OS X on my 5740G. Even the graphic card seems to work.
One problem is sleeping. Have you been successful with that?

Just wanted to say I have a Acer 5740g on Sierra.
Fully working except I can't get sleep and PS2 working at the same time.
Long story, see:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/strange-dsdt-usb-and-ps2-issues.214188/

I had a perfect El Capitan until I had a SSD failure and lost it all , so I'm not convinced it's the "Radeon 4xxx 5xxx El Capitan Wake issue".

I can share anything upon request if anyone needs help or is willing to help :)

im trying to install high sierra on 5740g, can you share clover folder from installer usb ?

im trying to install high sierra on 5740g, can you share clover folder from installer usb ?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back