Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi i have some newbie questions;

firstoff, please point to a build that would be the most simple and straightforward for a first timer.

so a build that includes a motherboard/cpu/OS that would essentially work with minimal tweaks and headaches.

im looking to build a DAW+video editing machine (gtx 660, 16gig ram) and i dont have any preference as to which socket or chipset or which version of OSX, as long as its straightforward to set up and stable (i will not be updating this for a very long time if ever)

couple other questions:

i dont have a mac so have to use a friends, but im curious; when making the unibeast usb-key; how do I download and install OSX onto the usb key without upgrading the mac that Im using to download the software onto? apple website says mavericks is free, but will it not try to upgrade the system when downloading it? i havent actually tried this yet, I just want to be ready for anything once im there.
i watched the guides here on tonymacx86 but still not sure about that one point. (and whether i can go straight to mavericks cause i read that i might have to instal a older os first bt im not sure if that is up to date info or maybe a older post)
so is it possible/advisable to try to install mavericks straight on? or should I buy a copy of mountain lion or something else older for a easier and or more stable system

hi i have some newbie questions;

firstoff, please point to a build that would be the most simple and straightforward for a first timer.

so a build that includes a motherboard/cpu/OS that would essentially work with minimal tweaks and headaches.

im looking to build a DAW+video editing machine (gtx 660, 16gig ram) and i dont have any preference as to which socket or chipset or which version of OSX, as long as its straightforward to set up and stable (i will not be updating this for a very long time if ever)

couple other questions:

i dont have a mac so have to use a friends, but im curious; when making the unibeast usb-key; how do I download and install OSX onto the usb key without upgrading the mac that Im using to download the software onto? apple website says mavericks is free, but will it not try to upgrade the system when downloading it? i havent actually tried this yet, I just want to be ready for anything once im there.
i watched the guides here on tonymacx86 but still not sure about that one point. (and whether i can go straight to mavericks cause i read that i might have to instal a older os first bt im not sure if that is up to date info or maybe a older post)
so is it possible/advisable to try to install mavericks straight on? or should I buy a copy of mountain lion or something else older for a easier and or more stable system

You could try a CustoMac Pro build with an I7-4770 and a Z87X-UD3H. Should be a fairly straight
forward install with User builds posted that you can follow. As far as downloading OS X on a real
Mac, it usually doesn't automatically start to install the upgrade unless you tell it to by clicking
certain places to initiate it. Yes once you've made your Unibeast USB you can go directly to Mavericks.

thanx for your reply trs96, appreciate it.

i think i will go with your suggestion.

one other question;
do you think the gtx660 ti version is worth the higher price over the gtx660 oc? (for video editing)

cheers

thanx for your reply trs96, appreciate it.

i think i will go with your suggestion.

one other question;
do you think the gtx660 ti version is worth the higher price over the gtx660 oc? (for video editing)

cheers

Not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back