GIGABYTE-GA-Z87X-D3H
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hey guys and gals!

I'm considering doing an Intel build now with Clover. That's what I used on my first build years ago. I'm looking for a build that is tried and true, no issues, easy build. This is my DAW running Logic Pro X. All of my devices are USB so thunderbolt is not really a consideration. I'm fine with Mojave (I'm avoiding Catalina for awhile at least).

I'm leaning towards the i7-7700k as it's within my budget. I could even probably step down from that as this is solely my DAW and I'm not doing anything insane like 100 tracks with 100 plugins. I'd love to chat with some other DAW hackintosh users. I know you're out there :) Thanks!

I've been running the i7-7700 on my Daw for the last 7 years and it works like a champ. I would just recommend you get as much RAM as you can afford.

Following. I'm definitely interested to hear any suggestions as I'm looking to build a rackmount machine that will cleanly run LPX for my plugin intensive home studio. All of my equipment is USB as well, and I'll probably be upgrading my interface to an Audiofuse Studio + 8Pre, though potentially having Thunderbolt capability may sway my decision there.

One of my two older machines will probably end up getting refreshed to become a host for MIDI and DMX automation software for my band.

I've been running the i7-7700 on my Daw for the last 7 years and it works like a champ. I would just recommend you get as much RAM as you can afford.

No offense, but the i7-7700 was only released in January 2017 so if you are really using this CPU then it has been less than 4 years, definitely not "for the last 7 years".

What CPU are you actually using in your system, if I may ask?

Hey guys and gals!

I'm considering doing an Intel build now with Clover. That's what I used on my first build years ago. I'm looking for a build that is tried and true, no issues, easy build. This is my DAW running Logic Pro X. All of my devices are USB so thunderbolt is not really a consideration. I'm fine with Mojave (I'm avoiding Catalina for awhile at least).

I'm leaning towards the i7-7700k as it's within my budget. I could even probably step down from that as this is solely my DAW and I'm not doing anything insane like 100 tracks with 100 plugins. I'd love to chat with some other DAW hackintosh users. I know you're out there :) Thanks!

We've been running an i7-6700k for the last 13 3 years on our studio rig. No issues here.

Only reason we're considering the 9700k/9900k route is for 4K video-editing and future proofing a bit.

Sorry, That was the box from my kids build, on my desk.

Mine is the I7-6800K.
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.41 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB

No offense, but the i7-7700 was only released in January 2017 so if you are really using this CPU then it has been less than 4 years, definitely not "for the last 7 years".

What CPU are you actually using in your system, if I may ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back