Contribute
Register

MOST POWERFUL HACKBOOK PRO --ASUS ROG G701VO-CS74K, i7-6820 64GB DDR4 w/980 (dedicated!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it stable? And it's it worth to give a ton of time to make it work?

tMy G752 is fairly stable and pretty much worked out of the box with the right clover config. The only thing I had to replace was the wifi card and I never patched the audio correctly, but don't really need it so left it out. The only instability issue I find is that if I use a bus powered drive for a gpu based activity like rendering/transcoding, the bus seems to lose power after a few minutes, simultaneously ejecting the drive and force shutting down the computer. This may sound like a large problem, but the fix has been simple, if bus powered don't render off of it or use drives plugged into the wall that are not bus powered. I suspect this issue can be solved to as its clearly a USB 3.1 power issue that needs to be addressed in kexts or elsewhere but I do not have the experience to figure out where to start and the workaround provides more than enough stability. I have been using this laptop primarily for Resolve work for 2 years now and I am very impressed with it. The 980M has been terrific wit 32GB of RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back