i7 - 4790k
Graphics
R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5
Hi guys,

I was wondering what would be the most compatible OS for the following:

AMD radeon R9 290X
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
i7 - 4790k

This is my first build and am very excited about it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi guys,

I was wondering what would be the most compatible OS for the following:

AMD radeon R9 290X
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
i7 - 4790k

This is my first build and am very excited about it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Your motherboard and CPU should work with Yosemite (10.10) and above. Because of possible issues with your graphics card, however, I recommend Sierra or High Sierra, with the latest version of Clover.

Your motherboard and CPU should work with Yosemite (10.10) and above. Because of possible issues with your graphics card, however, I recommend Sierra or High Sierra, with the latest version of Clover.

Thank you Mr. Bond. This build is currently intact but I've been having a lot of issues with it that I've decided to do a complete reset build. I know the SSD needs to be wiped out completely but Do I need to reset the motherboard or any other components as well? If so, I'd appreciate any help and information about completely resetting.

Thank you Mr. Bond. This build is currently intact but I've been having a lot of issues with it that I've decided to do a complete reset build. I know the SSD needs to be wiped out completely but Do I need to reset the motherboard or any other components as well? If so, I'd appreciate any help and information about completely resetting.

If you have not upgraded the BIOS of your motherboard, then I recommend upgrading the BIOS to the latest version before attempting to rebuild. Know how to do that? If you elect to do this you will also have to set the correct BIOS options again since the BIOS upgrade will return the settings to default.

If you have not upgraded the BIOS of your motherboard, then I recommend upgrading the BIOS to the latest version before attempting to rebuild. Know how to do that? If you elect to do this you will also have to set the correct BIOS options again since the BIOS upgrade will return the settings to default.
I do not how to upgrade my BIOS and would love some guidance. After upgrading my BIOS, should I follow the installation guide like it's a fresh build? Thanks again.

I do not how to upgrade my BIOS and would love some guidance. After upgrading my BIOS, should I follow the installation guide like it's a fresh build? Thanks again.

Do you still have the motherboard manual with you? If so, there should be a chapter (Chapter 5 for your motherboard) in the manual describing how to update the BIOS.

Basically the procedure is :
(1) Get a USB stick and format it using the FAT32 file system. Can be done in Disk Utility I believe.
(2) Download the correct BIOS update file from Gigabyte's website. For your motherboard GA-Z97X-UD7 TH it can be downloaded from this page.
(3) Extract the BIOS file (Z97XU7TH.F6) from the downloaded file and copy it to the USB stick.
(4) Restart the computer, and when the Gigabyte logo appears, enter the Q-Flash utility by pressing End on your motherboard. May need to press more than once for the system to register the keypress.
(5) Attach the USB stick and follow the procedure in this document or your manual.

After the BIOS is successfully updated, you have to enter the correct BIOS options as instructed in the Installation Guide, and then you can start over.

Do you still have the motherboard manual with you? If so, there should be a chapter (Chapter 5 for your motherboard) in the manual describing how to update the BIOS.

(1) Get a USB stick and format it using the FAT32 file system. Can be done in Disk Utility I believe.
(2) Download the correct BIOS update file from Gigabyte's website. For your motherboard GA-Z97X-UD7 TH it can be downloaded from this page.
(3) Extract the BIOS file (Z97XU7TH.F6) from the downloaded file and copy it to the USB stick.
(4) Restart the computer, and when the Gigabyte logo appears, enter the Q-Flash utility by pressing End on your motherboard. May need to press more than once for the system to register the keypress.
(5) Attach the USB stick and follow the procedure in this document or your manual.

After the BIOS is successfully updated, you have to enter the correct BIOS options as instructed in the Installation Guide, and then you can start over.
Thank for all the info sir! I'll get to it and will keep you posted.

Hello sir,

I've updated my BIOS firmware and got as far as the beginning of Step 4 for HighSierra Install. I clicked on the right usb drive for my install and clicked on the boot drive and then I saw the apple sign with the loading bar and everything looked promising until I got hit with the prohibition sign which is where I'm stuck currently.

Hello sir,

I've updated my BIOS firmware and got as far as the beginning of Step 4 for High Sierra Install. I clicked on the right usb drive for my install and clicked on the boot drive and then I saw the apple sign with the loading bar and everything looked promising until I got hit with the prohibition sign which is where I'm stuck currently.

Have you set all the required BIOS options as stipulated in Step 3 of the Installation Guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back