Contribute
Register

Monterey on Gigabyte Z490I AORUS ULTRA (rev. 1.x)

I discovered the cause of all the trouble. It's the I225-LM network card. In 10.3 it changes the driver to another one and it locks it and with it the whole computer. I tried changing the Device properites PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0xX)/Pci(0x0,0x0) - X=0..7 and the behavior changed but did not resolve. Now I don't have time to deal with it so I went back to 12.2.1 again, but maybe this will give someone a clue in the solution. (In my opinion, loading the apple driver should be disabled and replaced with another kext)
No, it's not the problem, I disabled the network card from BIOS and I still have the same problem.

Actually, I have still the problem I went back to 12.2.1 but again after a few weeks today my mac doesn't boot up again and the drive got corrupted. I don't know what's the problem. I had MacOS Monterey installed on Samsung 970 Evo+ it worked except for the boot time which was more than 2 minutes so I bought a WD SN850 and the boot time decreased to about 20 seconds but now the problem is that after a few days the mac partition gets corrupted and I need to reinstall it! I don't have windows installed on the same drive but on the second drive Samsung 970 evo+ but I use OC to boot into windows, the windows EFI partition is on the Samsung drive as well. and I don't use any APFS drive access on windows. so what's the problem?

this is what I see in disk repair but the EFI partition seems ok as I can open it on windows and recopy the EFI folder! but the Macintosh HD partition is corrupted.
name.jpeg

Last edited:
At the beginning, my computer was upgraded to macOS 12.3. After the computer woke up from sleep, the bluetooth could not connect to any device. The task cpu usage called "bluetoothd" was very high.
But when I turned off XMP in bios settings, it all resolved.

I think I found the problem, I use the 11th generation CPU on the Z490 chipset in order to use PCI-E 4 SSDs, when in the bios I enable the Rocket lake M.2 support, the slot connects to the CPU, and the PCI-E4 enables and I can have SN850 work with PCIE4 speed but then I will get partition corruption on mac. Maybe it needs some specific configurations or something? can someone confirm it?

IMG_0023.jpg

So I installed 12.3.1 successfully. The procedure is as follows: First, disconnect the cable from the LAN port and connect via Wi-Fi. When connecting via LAN and adjusting what is necessary, the system crashes. Then edit NVRAM->boot args -> keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1 e1000=0. Then update to 12.3.1 and only after the update connect the LAN cable.

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2022-04-09 v 15.19.50.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2022-04-09 v 15.19.50.png
    216.3 KB · Views: 177
  • Snímek obrazovky 2022-04-09 v 15.29.05.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2022-04-09 v 15.29.05.png
    201.1 KB · Views: 180
So I installed 12.3.1 successfully. The procedure is as follows: First, disconnect the cable from the LAN port and connect via Wi-Fi. When connecting via LAN and adjusting what is necessary, the system crashes. Then edit NVRAM->boot args -> keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 alcid=1 e1000=0. Then update to 12.3.1 and only after the update connect the LAN cable.
does Bluetooth work for you? it doesn't for me and when I open the Bluetooth setting window it hangs.

does Bluetooth work for you? it doesn't for me and when I open the Bluetooth setting window it hangs.
Bluetooth must work before the update, then it works after. What happened to me the first time was that I overwrote the boot args, but didn't pull the network cable. Then the system crashed and after booting, bluetooth stopped working on 12.2.1. After updating to 12.3.1, it continued not to work. So I restored the 12.2.1 backup and pulled the lan cable and connected via wifi before overwriting the boot args. There was no crash, bluetooth worked and still works after the update.

One more observation. The computer must be woken up via the power button, not the keyboard, otherwise the bluetooth will freeze. But it's possible that this is just a problem with my Apple A1016 bluetooth keyboard - it behaves strangely even on the original new original macs.

One more observation. The computer must be woken up via the power button, not the keyboard, otherwise the bluetooth will freeze. But it's possible that this is just a problem with my Apple A1016 bluetooth keyboard - it behaves strangely even on the original new original macs.
Bluetooth doesn't work for me at all, how did you manage to make it work?

Bluetooth doesn't work for me at all, how did you manage to make it work?
I'll go back to the incident with changing the boot args and not disconnecting the cable to the LAN. If it crashed (still 12.2.1), bluetooth stopped working and nothing helped, not even shutting down the computer. Only a complete backup restore helped. I mean, I think the bluetooth stopped working because of some settings macOS made after the crash. So I'd recommend saving my current EFI, which I'm attaching now, restoring a backup with working bluetooth and updating to 12.3.1 over Wi-Fi with disconnected LAN, or creating a USB install with macOS 12.3.1 and doing a clean install if you don't have a backup with working bluetooth.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    29.4 MB · Views: 157
I'll go back to the incident with changing the boot args and not disconnecting the cable to the LAN. If it crashed (still 12.2.1), bluetooth stopped working and nothing helped, not even shutting down the computer. Only a complete backup restore helped. I mean, I think the bluetooth stopped working because of some settings macOS made after the crash. So I'd recommend saving my current EFI, which I'm attaching now, restoring a backup with working bluetooth and updating to 12.3.1 over Wi-Fi with disconnected LAN, or creating a USB install with macOS 12.3.1 and doing a clean install if you don't have a backup with working bluetooth.
Thank you, but I can't use your EFI as I use 11700K, so I will compare your config with mine to see what's different.

Back