Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Monterey missing USB drive on desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock > Need full model name > See Rules!
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
I need some help. I am on OC 074 | iMac 17,1 | ASRock Haswell i7 | MSI RX580 | WIFI running great on Big Sur 11.6.1, upgraded to Monterey and everything looks good except that my USB drives do not show up on the desktop. I have all the kexts up to date. I also tried from a fresh install and same results. Any hints?

I need some help. I am on OC 074 | iMac 17,1 | ASRock Haswell i7 | MSI RX580 | WIFI running great on Big Sur 11.6.1, upgraded to Monterey and everything looks good except that my USB drives do not show up on the desktop. I have all the kexts up to date. I also tried from a fresh install and same results. Any hints?
but your cpu is Haswell and not Skylake?

but your cpu is Haswell and not Skylake?
The Dortania guide recommends iMac 17,1 for Haswell systems with a dGPU. Even tonymacx86 himself uses that SMBIOS on his Haswell system running Monterey. The closest match, iMac 15,1 got dropped from Monterey support.

The Dortania guide recommends iMac 17,1 for Haswell systems with a dGPU. Even tonymacx86 himself uses that SMBIOS on his Haswell system running Monterey. The closest match, iMac 15,1 got dropped from Monterey support.
ah cheers for that :)

Fixed. After reading more on Dortania, recommended to remove the bluetooth inject "BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext". Once deleted, my old faithful works great on Monterey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back