i5-7500
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I worked on the OpenCore installation guide. Now I'm about to fix USM mapping, but I have some ambiguities, although I received valuable guidance in a previous case. I only had one USB controller there, but here, I think there are two USB controllers. ( IOREG_XHC.png). To detect the USB ports I used the Tonymacx tutorial, using two USB sticks, respectively, for USB 3.x and for USB 2.0. The layout of the USB ports is as follows: 6 ports are on the back panel and 2 on the front panel. Using the Hackintool application, the USB tab, I got a table (Hackintool_USB_table.png). I removed the inactive ports in this photo. I also want to post a physical diagram of the ports. I apologize to you, the diagram is drawn by hand, so it's crooked. (You already see that). As a result, I listed USBPorts.kext and SSD-EC-USBX.aml. I then synthesized the data and came to the conclusion: XHC0 ports are: PRT1, with both USB 3 and USB2 port, so it has 2 ports.
PRT2, with both USB 3 and USB 2 port, so it has 2 ports.
PRT3, only a USB 2 port .................................. 1 port.
PRT4, only a USB 2 port .................................. 1 port.
PRT7, only a USB 3 port ...................................1 port.
and PRT8, only a USB 3 port .................................. 1 port
TOTAL.................................................................. 8 ports.
Now I count also: PTXH which has the following ports:
POT1, a single USB 3 port................................. 1 port
POT2, a single USB 3 port................................. 1 port
POT3, a single USB 3 port................................. 1 port
POT4, a single USB 3 Type-C port....................... 1 port
POT5, a single USB 2 port................................. 1 port
POT6, a single USB 2 port................................. 1 port
POT7, a single USB 2 port................................. 1 port
TOTAL.................................................................. 7 ports.
But PTXH also has two more internal ports:
PO12, for ITE Device (8910)...............................1 port
PO14, for Buletooth Radio...................................1 port.
So, when I add up the sums of the ports, I get this: 8+7+2==17 ports. Is it correct to get a USBPorts.kext with 17 ports? Can the two controllers, XHC0 and PTXH be considered separately and can all the 17 ports be added like this? Or do I have to give up two ports? This is my problem.
After solving this problem, I read that I have to perform the necessary memory management in the case of AMD, and here I am like a blind man in a porcelain store, that is, I will need massive help.

Attachments

• AMD_USB_MAP.jpg
    AMD_USB_MAP.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 61
  • Hackintool_USB_table.png
    Hackintool_USB_table.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IOREG_XHC.png
    IOREG_XHC.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 58
Yes you can have a USBPorts.kext with 17 ports, as long as the 17 ports are not served by one controller.

As your system has two USB controllers PXSX and XHC0, your system could theoretically activate 30 ports, 15 ports per controller.

Have you removed some USB ports, from both controllers, to get the total number down to 15 ports?

Your Rear I/O plate contains 6 x USB3 ports. It doesn't contain any physical USB2 ports. So you should not have any ports set with the connector Type USB2 in your setup.

All the ports you have set as USB2 are served by USB3 physical ports, so they should ALL be set with the connector type USB3 - NOT USB2.

Rear I-O plate Asus Strix G15DK.png Rear I/O plate on Asus Strix G15DK case

Front Case ports:
You have 1 x USB3 and 1 x Type-C port on the case front.

Again there are no physical USB2 ports. So the POT3 and POT7 ports served by the USB3 Type-A port should both be set with the connector Type USB3.

Type-C port:
  1. When you tested the Type-C port, did you use a Type-C drive?
  2. Did you test the port and see POT4 light up in Hackintool?
  3. Did you then flip the drive 180 degrees and re-insert the drive in to the Type-C port?
  4. If not please do so and tell us what happens.
    1. Does the same POT4 port get highlighted?
    2. Does another port get highlighted?
  5. This matters because there are two definitions for a Type-c port. One with a Switch and one without.

Connector Type options.png Connector Types selectable in Hackintool, see there are 2 x Type-C options.

The table below explains which port type goes with which option in the list above.
USB port types - Decimal format.png

I can't find a description or image of the motherboard used in this Desktop system. So I can't tell if you have any additional USB2 header ports, for connecting Bluetooth or other internal USB devices on the motherboard.

I am sure this is enough to be getting on with.

Have you removed some USB ports, from both controllers, to get the total number down to 15 ports?
No, these are all the ports I counted.
Your Rear I/O plate contains 6 x USB3 ports. It doesn't contain any physical USB2 ports. So you should not have any ports set with the connector Type USB2 in your setup.

All the ports you have set as USB2 are served by USB3 physical ports, so they should ALL be set with the connector type USB3 - NOT USB2
Yes, there are 6 ports on the back panel. And on the handmade sketch, I wrote what I read on Hackintool for the stick inserted in that port. For example, in the back port, top left: when I inserted the USB-2 stick, hackintool showed me PRT4. Then, after extracting it, I inserted a USB-3 stick in the same port, and this time, Hackintool showed me PRT8. And one more thing: PRT4 indicates a speed of 480 MiB, and PRT8 shows a speed of 5 GB / sec. That's why I selected USB2 for PRT4, once because Hackintol shows me PRT4 for the USB 2 stick, and the indicated speed was 480 MB / sec. So, in that port there were the two records, PRT4 and PRT8. In the same way, the port on the top right indicates PRT7 when inserting the USB3 stick and PRT3, respectively, when inserting the USB2 stick.
For the two ports in the middle row: left - POT2 == USB3 and POT6 == USB2 - and the port in the middle right - POT1 == USB3 and POT5 == USB2. Only the ports on the bottom row had the same name: left - PRT2, both sticks, and right, PRT1 for both sticks. Only 4 bottles can pass here, all USB3, although the indicated speeds were 480
for each of these 4 ports. USB3 port - Also indicate POT3 == USB3 and POT7 == USB2, including 5 GB and 480 MB / sec, respectively. Now I ask, because I want to understand perfectly: Even if only USB2 is registered (for (PRT3,4, POT5,6,7) with a speed of 480 MB / sec, do I still have to register them as USB3 ports?
Type-C port:
  1. When you tested the Type-C port, did you use a Type-C drive?
  2. Did you test the port and see POT4 light up in Hackintool?
Yes, I have a special USB stick. One end has USB Type-C, and the other end has a Type A connector for USB 3.x (blue).
Did you then flip the drive 180 degrees and re-insert the drive in to the Type-C port?
I'm sorry, I don't have a special cable yet, but I'll get one so I can know exactly questions 4 and 5. Unfortunately, I didn't find a serious motherboard manual, but one that is more of an advertisement.
I can't find a description or image of the motherboard used in this Desktop system. So I can't tell if you have any additional USB2 header ports, for connecting Bluetooth or other internal USB devices on the motherboard.
I haven't seen a Bluetooth port and I don't know what IDE means. I only have on System Preferences -> Network the possibility to configure, through the wifi card with which I bought it, Bluetoots. I attach the snapshot.

Attachments

• SystemPreferences->NetworkOn AMD.png
    SystemPreferences->NetworkOn AMD.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 42
The Serial Port should be disabled in your bios.

ANY ports served from a USB3 port should be set as USB3. No matter if it is the physical USB3 or the virtual USB2 side of the port. BOTH sides need to be set with the Connector Type USB3.

DO NOT set any USB2 virtual ports served from a physical USB3 port as USB2.

I don't have a special cable yet
Who said anything about you needing a special cable?

What you need to do to test your Type-c port is this:
  1. Take your Type-C USB Device and insert it in to the Type-C port.
  2. Remove the Type-C device and turn it over, so the bottom becomes the top (flip it over)
  3. Then insert the Type-C device again.
  4. Does the port name change or remain the same?
This test defines how your Type-C port should be configured.
  • If the port remains the same it is a Type-c+sw port with a switch.
  • If the port changes, it is a Type-c port without switch

I haven't seen a Bluetooth port and I don't know what IDE means.
OK, your system may not contain a Bluetooth module. That is fine.

Where did IDE come from? I didn't mention anything about IDE in my post.

The Serial Port should be disabled in your bios.
BIOS->Advanced->Onboard Devices Configuration->Serial Port == OFF.
DO NOT set any USB2 virtual ports served from a physical USB3 port as USB2.
Aye-Aye, Sir! I understood now!
And I do again my USBPorts kext and my new SSDT-EC-USBX.

Then insert the Type-C device again
My USB stick has 1 end == USB3-Type C, but another end is a USB3-Type A end. So I need a special cable to connect the Type A to USB-C. I ordered it.
Where did IDE come from? I didn't mention anything about IDE in my post.
My error. I meant ITE Device (8910). It seems to be for Network's seek.
Thank You for Your Help!
Looks like I solved the problem with the USB map.
But there is an even bigger problem. I installed Monterey twice: once on an NMVe type ssdt and once again on a 3.5 "1TB Harddisk HDD. I used the same config.plist. But I found that NVMe does not work properly. I mean: the NVMe disk icon is present on the screen, although the external disk quirk has been enabled. But the most unpleasant is the boot time, which reaches 4.5 minutes.
In parallel, the Monterey system installed on the classic Harddisk, Toshiba, works as if on a real macOS, the boot time does not exceed 1 min 5 sec. And the icon on the desktop does not appear.

When I say flip the Type-c connector/plug I do not mean turn it 180°, so the other end of the device is inserted.

Say your USB Type-c device looked like this example.

Screenshot 2022-02-25 at 19.41.05.png Type-C connector with symbol on top face.

What I would want you to do is turn the Type-C connector so the symbol was underneath (on the bottom face), when you were inserting the same Type-C connector into the port. This is what I mean by 'Flipped 180°'.

Do you understand what I am asking you to do?

Your USB configuration will not be finished until you get this, and then set the Type-C port with the correct connector type.

My port is a Tipy-C+Sw one. Thank you, now I have the right UBBPorts.kext. The port remains the same.
But there is an even bigger problem. I installed Monterey twice: once on an NMVe type ssdt and once again on a 3.5 "1TB Harddisk HDD. I used the same config.plist. But I found that NVMe does not work properly. I mean: the NVMe disk icon is present on the screen, although the external disk quirk has been enabled. But the most unpleasant is the boot time, which reaches 4.5 minutes.
In parallel, the Monterey system installed on the classic Harddisk, Toshiba, works as if on a real macOS, the boot time does not exceed 1 min 5 sec. And the icon on the desktop does not appear.
Your opinion, please?

Attachments

• USB Ports now.png
    USB Ports now.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 31
Yesterday I bought a PCIe Radeon RX 470/570 8 GB graphics card and all these problems have been solved. Boot time of about 30 sec, sleep / wake works normally. Now I have a fully functional computer and thank you from the bottom of my heart for the generosity and kindness with which you helped me!

Glad to hear your system is now running as you want.

Reactions: ono
Post Install workaround also includes installing a wifi interface. I had a BCM 94360 CS card bought for my laptop, on which I had Mojave installed. Now the laptop has another operating system. I mounted this board on a PCIe wifi support and put it in the computer with Monterey. The surprise is very big, because it works without the need to install a kext. I triedthen with a disk on which I installed Big Sur and the wifi works just as well. Then I checked if it works with Catalina, and the result was positive. Until Apple thinks to change the chipset to the future of macOS ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back