Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Monterey crash/freeze ALC1220 audio problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, thank you for all the responses, i have updated my profile.

actually yes need sound from HDMI, since FakePCIID cause Monterey to freeze i cannot use it.

is there any workaround for HDMI sound?

Actually it's true Audio doesn't work if we add device-id, just remove device-id on DeviceProperties and audio will work.

But this doesn't work for HDMI audio on iGpu. If some people need audio for HDMI they should add FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext with the problem freeze.
Layout-id (not Device-id) in DeviceProperties is the same as alcid=X in boot-args. The Prime Z490-A (on left) has HDMI Audio working without the boot argument, but with the layout-id of 7. This is also without using FakePCIID and the accompanying injector kext. No Freeze!

While this is not necessarily the case for all motherboards, it could be worth testing on yours.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Layout-id (not Device-id) in DeviceProperties is the same as alcid=X in boot-args. The Prime Z490-A (on left) has HDMI Audio working without the boot argument, but with the layout-id of 7. This is also without using FakePCIID and the accompanying injector kext. No Freeze!

While this is not necessarily the case for all motherboards, it could be worth testing on yours.

Cheers.
Yes layout-id is the same as alcid=X I have tried, my HDMI doesn't work if not add device-id even by using FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext. Can you share your config.plist I will compare with mine.

Thank you.

Yes layout-id is the same as alcid=X I have tried, my HDMI doesn't work if not add device-id even by using FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext. Can you share your config.plist I will compare with mine.

Thank you.
Config attached. Realtek S1220A (ALC1220). There may be some useful similarities. Cheers.

-- Attachment Deleted --

This is my config.plist I think is same, only layout-id on audio path, I dont know whats wrong?
Are you sure <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)</key> is correct?

Use Hackintool: Look under the PCIe tab, in the Device Path column, to make sure.

Are you sure <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)</key> is correct?

Use Hackintool: Look under the PCIe tab, in the Device Path column, to make sure.
Yes, what I input is the same as the Hackintool device path. I also get device-id automatically visible in IORegistry. And the device id doesn't work even though I use FakePCIID. HDMI audio only work with add device-id 709D0000 or 70A10000.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 09.10.37.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 09.10.37.png
    317.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 09.12.58.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 09.12.58.png
    213.3 KB · Views: 57
Yes, what I input is the same as the Hackintool device path. I also get device-id automatically visible in IORegistry. And the device id doesn't work even though I use FakePCIID. HDMI audio only work with add device-id 709D0000 or 70A10000.
It may help to add AudioDxe.efi (from the OpenCore package) to the Drivers folder, and enable it in config.plist.

hi, could you tell me more? ive done like you did, but still no audio for me, here is my boor args: -v debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 alcid=#

thank you.
You will have to replace the # with your own layout-id, for example, alcid=1, alcid=7, alcid=21, or whatever it happens to be with your NUC7i5BNH system. The poster wasn't suggesting you use the literal character. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back