CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My problem is only in the audio. Asus Strix H470-I - ALC1220 only works with FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext but it make a crash, without the kext fix the crash but audio doesn't work.

Can someone help me?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 5.38.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 5.38.24 PM.png
    104.9 KB · Views: 126
use applealc kext with proper alcid instead

use applealc kext with proper alcid instead
i tried one by one id for alc1220, add layout id in device properties, add alicid in nvram boot args still audio doesn't work.

hi, could you tell me more? ive done like you did, but still no audio for me, here is my boor args: -v debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 alcid=#

thank you.

Last edited:
hi, could you tell me more on how to remove device patch? is it on config.plist? thank you.
Yes.. if you add PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3) device-properties path on config.plist delete it, then add nvram boot-args alcid=7 in my case.

Find your support codecs for your audio.

#Read tonymacx86 rules, do not forget to update Desktop profile.

hi, could you tell me more on how to remove device patch? is it on config.plist? thank you.
You will need to add your system information to your profile. Entering "Intel" in all fields (as you've done) won't do anything to help you.

Yes.. if you add PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3) device-properties path on config.plist delete it, then add nvram boot-args alcid=7 in my case.
You might also try placing layout-id 7 in DeviceProperties instead of putting it in boot-args. It's much cleaner (if it works). Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might also try placing layout-id 7 in DeviceProperties instead of putting it in boot-args. It's much cleaner (if it works). Cheers.
Actually it's true Audio doesn't work if we add device-id, just remove device-id on DeviceProperties and audio will work.

But this doesn't work for HDMI audio on iGpu. If some people need audio for HDMI they should add FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext with the problem freeze.

hi, could you tell me more? ive done like you did, but still no audio for me, here is my boor args: -v debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 alcid=#

thank you.
Please update system information to your profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back