Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Monterey 12.1 - Haswell - no nvram variable issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
USB:
Your USBMap.kext is set for an iMac17,1. It needs to be reconfigured for the Macmini7,1 SMBIOS model.

In my experience you would be better served using SSDT-EHCx_OFF.aml (attached below) to turn off the EHC1/EH01 and EHC2/EH02 USB controllers and just have the USB ports managed under the XHC controller.

CPUFriend.kext:
Unless you created the cf-frequency-data in the CPUFriendDataProvider.kext specifically for your Haswell CPU this kext and CPUFriend.kext are doing nothing helpful for your system. I run a few Haswell systems and have never needed to use those two kexts.

OpenCore:
I don't know which version of OpenCore you are using, I assume it is a recent version, but fail to understand why you have the Bootstrap folder and Bootstrap.efi present in your OC folder. These were dropped back when 0.6.6 was released (February 2021).

SSDT's:
You would also be better served creating and using a custom SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-PLUG.aml with your system. The Generic/Catchall SSDT's you are using from Dortania are slow and cumbersome compared to the Custom SSDT's that you can generate using Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script & your system's DSDT.aml. There are other custom SSDT's you could generate with SSDTTime for your system, i.e. SSDT-HPET.aml plus a couple of config.plist ACPI > Patches.

EFI Folder comparison:
Below is a screenshot showing your OpenCore EFI folder tree, below that is the OpenCore EFI folder tree from my Z87/i5-4440 system. When you compare the two yours is to my mind lacking some fairly essential SSDT's.

Screenshot 2021-12-27 at 16.38.08.png Screenshot 2021-12-27 at 16.38.18.png

Advice:
Have a look in the Monterey Desktop Guides section on this site, see if anything posted will help you.

Attachments

• SSDT-EHCx_OFF.aml.zip
    820 bytes · Views: 47
Look in the Monterey guides, I know there is one there that will help you.

I know there is one there that will help you.
Solved problem with my setup. Main issue was kext HS80211Family.kext, which is not supported in Monterey.
Removed this kext, and install system without any problem with iMac17,1 SMBIOS.

Thanks everyone!
P.S. Special thanks to Edhawk for his EFI optimization tips. Useful for the future!

Screenshot 2021-12-29 at 17.56.11 2.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back