CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys - I don't know why, but when I try to do a fresh install of Monterey from USB using opencore 0.7.4 it passes through the picker fine and gets to the screen with cursor - then it just sits on that screen, no installer window or menu bar appears - cursor moves fine so mouse is working fine. My EFI folder seems to be fine - worked great on big sur. I am going to try doing an upgrade but I would really like to be able to do fresh install.

Hi guys - I don't know why,
You need to start your own new support thread, this is not for individual support here.

Hi guys - I don't know why, but when I try to do a fresh install of Monterey from USB using opencore 0.7.4 it passes through the picker fine and gets to the screen with cursor - then it just sits on that screen, no installer window or menu bar appears - cursor moves fine so mouse is working fine. My EFI folder seems to be fine - worked great on big sur. I am going to try doing an upgrade but I would really like to be able to do fresh install.
same happened to me awhile back, until I turned on my other monitor then I saw the installer window.... :)

same happened to me awhile back, until I turned on my other monitor then I saw the installer window.... :)
I wish that was it - I dont use igpu at all and never had an issue until Monterey

I have had issues like this before.

1) Boot into Safe Mode, then restart and boot normally.
2) Boot into Recovery Mode, then restart and boot normally.

From my previous experience, this is caused by an unfinished install. You can search my previous thread about it.

I have had issues like this before.

1) Boot into Safe Mode, then restart and boot normally.
2) Boot into Recovery Mode, then restart and boot normally.

From my previous experience, this is caused by an unfinished install. You can search my previous thread about it.
I'm not sure on how to boot into safe mode on a hackintosh but I tried to boot into Recovery Mode and the same thing happened. I did just recently upgrade to 0.7.4 Opencore and I think everything is right with the new EFI folder as it boots fine into Big Sur.

Boot Arguments in opencore. Add -x

Boot Arguments in opencore. Add -x

Thanks for all your help - after I ran the latest update for big sur I was able to install monterey from usb. Problem Solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back