Contribute
Register

Monitor's flickering/flashing on MacOS Mojave (i5 4590 + HD 4600)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI H81M-P33
CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
HD 4600
Hi, everyone. I hope you'll help me.
My PC: i5 4590 + HD 4600 + MSI H81M-P33 + 8 GB DDR3 RAM;
SMBIOS: iMac 14,1 (also try iMac 14,2 and iMac 15,1).
Monitor is connecting by DVI-VGA converter.
I see both the BIOS screen and the screen with commands (its called verbose), and when the system starts (password entry, desktop), the monitor writes me "No Signal" and starts flashing. I just want to get my HD 4600 graphics up and running, that's all. Can you please help me with this problem?

Last edited:
try to use lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext it might solve your problem without any reconfiguration
I already use them, but it didn't help me. I was told that the latest versions of Mojave and Catalina don't work properly with DVI to VGA converters. I may need to buy a new monitor and plug-in it with clean DVI/HDMI connection. Thanks for your reply.

try to use lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext it might solve your problem without any reconfiguration
Maybe I just need to install the correct SMBIOS for my configuration?

who told you that nonsense with VGA converters?
if you do not tell what your problem is and what you dit then it is hard to anticipate and guess. if you have a problem with VGA connector and you have HDMI and DVI then it would really help you if you try those as well before you post any other questions

who told you that nonsense with VGA converters?
if you do not tell what your problem is and what you dit then it is hard to anticipate and guess. if you have a problem with VGA connector and you have HDMI and DVI then it would really help you if you try those as well before you post any other questions
I was told about converters by a master who repeatedly installed Hackintosh. My problem is that when loading into the system via a DVI-VGA Converter, the monitor writes "No signal" and starts blinking endlessly. ig-platform-id did not enter, because I thought that Lilu & WhateverGreen would detect it automatically. What else do you need?

if the monitor says no signal then there is no signal or the signal is on another port.
Sounds bad, but maybe I need to check the connection to the monitor? That is, which port does the VGA wire go to? What do you think? Don't get mad, I'm new and I'm trying to figure out the Hackintosh theme.

what connection do you want to check? if you see your bios screen and boot then the connection is ok, this has nothing to do being new. If youw monitor works then do not touch the cables and monitor.

what connection do you want to check? if you see your bios screen and boot then the connection is ok, this has nothing to do being new. If youw monitor works then do not touch the cables and monitor.
I see BIOS Screen and boot screen (with the commands to boot) but I have a problem when system starts. I described above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back