2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi :)

Working on this config (Willie):

- Asus prime Z390-a
- i9-9900k (uhd630 as headless, HW acceleration OK)
- rx590
- running mojave 10.14.4, SMBIOS imac18,3
- Clover 4911beta, Lilu 1.3.5, WEG 1.2.7

I disabled sleep for the computer (not for the monitor)

After 1h, when the monitor goes to sleep, it won't wake up again.

EDIT (20191025): The monitor doesn't wake up normally when it goes to sleep (I wake it up by using VNC). Sometimes the monitor doesn't go to sleep at all for days. That's a little more convenient but still not normal behavior.

If I connect to the system using VNC/Screen Sharing, then the monitor wakes up and I can then operate the machine normally.

I attach below my /E/C folder.
And here's my /L/E:

Any advice?

Best,
-a-

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Did you ever find a fix for this? Having the same issue. I have to unplug the HDMI then plug it back in to get display.

Did you ever find a fix for this? Having the same issue. I have to unplug the HDMI then plug it back in to get display.
No it's a real PITA. I gave up and hope someone may find a solution. Maybe you will ;) keep me informed :)

I do even worse than you! I wake the monitor up via VNC :lol:

Have a great week-end
best,
-a-

Exact same strange behaviour with my HD630 and Catalina: the monitor wakes up correctly every 2 sleep/wake cycles.

Try connecting with VNC and put the system to sleep again. The next wake up the monitor will switch on correctly...

I thing the issue is due to ports assignment (DP/HDMI). I tried patching framebuffer with Hackintool but without success..

Edit: i realized that unplugging and plugging again the displayport (or hdmi) connector reactivates the monitor.

Edit 2: simply turning off and on the monitor, the display wakes up. Headache.

Edit 3: I noticed that a complete sleep/wake cycle is not necessary to reproduce the issue: it does not turn back on even after turning off due to desktop inactivity.

Last edited:
Same here with my second monitor ... my first one always wakes up regularly ... I'm even thinking it might be DP version dependant ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back