AMD Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So I have a system running 10.8.4. It has a 2500K, MSI P67A-C43, and a Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Flex Edition (there's a link to the exact model at the bottom of the post.)

Last week I got a new 2560x1440 monitor that requires dual link DVI to work. Before I had just three simple monitors (two single link DVI, and one HDMI.) Now I have an HDMI monitor, a single link DVI monitor, and a dual link DVI monitor.

Now with the new monitor the second (single link) DVI monitor has been having some issues. It will turn on and display everything, but after around five seconds it will go black, and then it will display everything again. When it begins displaying information again, it says digital. So it seems like the monitor is not liking the DVI signal that OS X is giving it.

Here are my boot flags. PCIRootUID=0, AtiConfig=Duckweed, AtiPorts=5. I've tried changing these up quite a bit without any luck.

Can anyone help me?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102924

I'm had a similar problem since I switched out my GTX 650 for a GTX 760 a couple months ago.
Every 10 minutes or so the monitor blinks off and on because it seems to loose sync. 30" display over DL DVI

Have not found a solution. Was going to rebuild my machine tonight now that 10.8.5 has been released. Hoping that might clear it up.
More a nuisance than anything.

Let me know if you find anything that works. I went ahead and just gave up on that second DVI port and bought a couple of active Mini DisplayPort to single link DVI adapters so that I can have four monitors. Everything has been working perfectly with the adapters I purchased.

Maybe this is something to do with the resolutions that we are running at. I have a bunch of mixed resolution monitors that may be causing some weird glitch in OS X.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back