2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hi everyone!

i´ve got a serious problem now :(

I have had a smooth running (all works fine) 10.12 System with ServerAPP installed.
Based on the September build advice.

Specs:
GA-Z170X-UD5-TH
Bluetooth/WLAN Card (Handoff Working)
32 GB DDR4 RAM
3x SSD, 2x HHD
Nvidia GTX 760 Card
Dual Monitor via DVI
2x IntelNICS separately

System definiton MacPro 6.1 (with AGDPFix installed).

Now, after applying the APP Store Update to 10.12.1, there is now Screen after reboot. The Display is going to sleep.
The system is running, i can ssh to it and do a reboot via terminal. But i can´t see it via screen sharing :(

Tried to set "nv_disabled=1" (und Safe Mode etc. pp.). But nothing gives the Desktop to Display on the Screens.

Any good advises from the experts here?

Thank you very much!

Have you used the AGDPFix after you updated to 10.12.1? You need to run it each time you install an update.
Try booting with one monitor attached.
If that does not work - make sure you boot with nv_disable=1 and uncheck Use Nvidia Web Drivers
Then run the AGFPFix if you have not already done so.

Have you used the AGDPFix after you updated to 10.12.1? You need to run it each time you install an update.
Try booting with one monitor attached.
If that does not work - make sure you boot with nv_disable=1 and uncheck Use Nvidia Web Drivers
Then run the AGFPFix if you have not already done so.

No, unfortunately i can´t do this. I don´t see anything. Second Screen is disabled, yes.
nv_disable=1 makes no difference :( And i am not using the Nvidia Web Drivers.

Try it with iMac14,2.

Try it with iMac14,2.

ok, tomorrow i will give this a try.. but: i am worry about loosing my iMessage Connection from the "macpro 6.1" definition set. Does this change - in systemdefinition - harm this?

Another Question: should i use the nvidia web driver for this "old" graphics card (GTX 760, 2MB) ?

ok, tomorrow i will give this a try.. but: i am worry about loosing my iMessage Connection from the "macpro 6.1" definition set. Does this change - in systemdefinition - harm this?
You can do it with a USB flash drive just to test - Disconnect your network connection while you try.

Another Question: should i use the nvidia web driver for this "old" graphics card (GTX 760, 2MB) ?
The GTX760 has native support - No requirement to install the web drivers.

You can do it with a USB flash drive just to test - Disconnect your network connection while you try.

yes, but with no internet connection i can´t complete the update setup? upon completion isn't it neccesary to "login with iCloud" to finalize the process?

yes, but with no internet connection i can´t complete the update setup? upon completion isn't it neccesary to "login with iCloud" to finalize the process?
What setup ?
All that you need to do is install Clover to a USB flash drive.
Copy your config.plist to the USB and then edit it to change the SMBIOS to iMac14,2.
When you power on your computer press f12 to select your boot menu then choose the USB as the boot device.
At the Clover screen boot from your hard drive.

Black screen can be caused by using wrong System definition with Sierra. Use iMac 14,2 instead of 17,1. GTX 760 is native. Make sure that (inject nvidia & intel is false).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back