Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Howdy fellows,

First off thank you Tony for being awesome and Macman for the DSDT been running customac rock solid for over a year now because of you guys.

Question for the forum folk, after upgrading to Lion have you noticed you have to press a key on the keyboard now to wake up the monitor?

NO mouse actions or clicks wake up a sleeping monitor now. It's really annoying as I use Synergy daily and now if the monitor falls asleep I have to click the keyboard of the machine which is not located in the most convenient of places as I share one keyboard and mouse.

I think this is NOT a custom mac problem it's more a change apple made in Lion OSX, but is there anyway to get it back so mouse movements or clicks wake up a monitor?

It is indeed a 'feature' in Lion. Many theories as to why but it is what it is. Not sure if there's a way around it via additional software but it's definitely a Lion issue specifically.

Kadin said:
It is indeed a 'feature' in Lion. Many theories as to why but it is what it is. Not sure if there's a way around it via additional software but it's definitely a Lion issue specifically.

Bummer, that's what I was thinking. I guess my next question gets more philosophical than practical but is there a way the Gurus on this board could change that? Would something like this be doable to customize with a kext? Or would that just not be possible or if it was it would be a lot of work?

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back